Retro Rides Gathering 2012
08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I've been to ingieland (german pronounciation) to attend the annual retro rides gathering last weekend. Spotted some familiar looking vehicles parked there:

IanG ( I presume):
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Retro Rides Gathering 2012]

This one I dunno about:

The purple one is familiar but I dont know if it's from someone on the board. The one behind it should ring some bells though. The engine noise was music to my ears going up the hillclimb circuit. It's Newera's Techno Pro Spirits tuned levin.

A TRD N2 kitted trueno was also driving up hill.. didnt look spectacular compared to the newera one though.

And last but not least a rather drifty looking coupe:
Imho this look paired to what sounded like a stock 4age was a bit underwhelming, but I'm sure it's good for some sideways fun.

I'm sorry to say I didn't have the chance to speak to any of the owners, partly because I didn't want to bore my GF by hanging around the corolla's too long. Was hoping the AEU86 shirt might have raised someones attention, but then again their was an awesome amount of cool cars to look at so almost no one stood around their own cars for too long.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2012, 09:40 PM
i thought the purple one looked familiar as well, wasnt that one running some really wide wheels and in Ireland or something?

And i think the grey N2 Trueno used to be from a guy named James, the founder/owner of ae86.co.uk (or something like that). I've met him a couple of times in Bristol and i know he sold the car. Can't imagine there being more then one Trueno in this look in the UK.
He was on here as well, but not very often.

I think his username was eight-six.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JCCA Show 2012, Tokyo, Japan... chrisd1 4 6,840 07-15-2012 11:27 AM
Last Post: robokill
  Circuit de Chambley 23.03.2012 Eifelaner 1 3,516 04-11-2012 09:43 PM
Last Post: Eifelaner
  East Coast U.S.A. Rides Collection.... ae86driftmaster 1 3,550 02-26-2011 06:52 AM
Last Post: ae86driftmaster