Replace front of zenki coupe with us trueno
02-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Does anybody know if i must replace both the fenders too to do this replacement?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes...you need to do that too. I've helped Senna from this forum out with his trueno conversion, you will need: Hood, Fenders, Bumper + supports, Lights, grille. Most of it is easily put on, only some lower support brackets for the levin lights need to be removed (they are spotwelded, so you can grind or drill them off).
Then you need to figure out the electronics for the pop up lights. I suggest trying to take them from a mazda 323f or older honda accord/prelude's at the wrecking yard.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Ivan i must tell you that i 've found a donor car that has everything on it!
As far as the wiring concerns what should i do with the lights main switch? Can you be more specific with "trying to take them from a mazda 323f or older honda accord/prelude's at the wrecking yard"?
Thanks a lot man! Respect!
You are really what we say GREAT HELPER Thumbs up!
Grrrrateful!!!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
02-03-2005, 02:05 PM
2 alimonos:
maybe Ivan will appreciate Ouzo this summer at Greece? Tongue
Glad to read that your Levin-->Trueno conversion goes on.
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
You are all welcome for as much OYZO you can drink.... Wave
Yes Jammie seems that my mechanic finally decided to start the conversion! :o
God help me Smile

AE86 FANATIC!!!
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
If you have a trueno donor car then dont worry about the wiring. Just ask the US guys where you can find all the relays and it should be pretty straightforward to figure out the wiring. If you dont have a trueno donor, but just the parts (like senna had), then you might be able to use switching electronics from other cars with flip-up headlights to activate the motors for the lights. Like I said, older mazda 323F, Honda accord, prelude, toyota celica...all have flip up lights. I havent been able to find the location of the headlight electronics on most of those cars since I know nothing about them, but I think you could probably use it.

Anyway, it's all pretty basic stuff, make sure to use bolts and washer on all the mounting points you can find on the headlight assembly, otherwise they will act like strobe lights once your driving (due to vibrations...).

The only things that needed fiddling on senna's car where hood adjustment (the rubbers at the ends), the mounting bracket that needed to be removed and headlight adjustment. He's still using the lights in permanently upright position cause we havent found any electronics yet.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-03-2005, 10:13 PM
One of the main headlight relays is by the battery, its a little black box that is connected to the core support (Trueno)

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
02-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Thanks a lot guys!
Ivan i 've got the whole car (without engine tranny and rear axle) so i suppose (or i wish) i won't have any of the problems you 've mentioned above...
Plex tomorrow i 'll look for the relay you said...
Thanks!
Today we started taking out destroyed parts of my car Crying
Here are some pics from my cell phone...
Tomorrow i'll have some better ones...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86 FANATIC!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bash bar for zenki trueno bumper gh0st 3 838 02-08-2023 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  How to replace the steering column UJ? Mylesmck 4 1,508 05-14-2022 07:40 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 6,090 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Zenki trueno indicatop and zenki levin bumper MR2 aw11 BOOMEX 3 6,030 12-28-2011 12:16 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  remove / replace starter Dino86 10 16,391 05-27-2011 02:30 AM
Last Post: allencr