Rear Lights warning light ?
10-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi guys,

I did a bit of exploration work yesterday to try and figure out why my car keeps blowing the main gauge fuse each time I go drifting.

Once I'd removed the lower section of the dashboard I was presented with a whole lot of wiring that isn't standard. The wiring loom had been modified a little to accomodate the stereo harness.

There is also some wiring present to run the remote central locking system which I believe is not a standard thing on any corolla - the control box is near where the turn signal flasher unit and stuff is - and the ball of wires is pretty messy with lots of fuse breakouts and stuff. I insulated some bare ended wires in case this was causing my instrument panel short.

As my car is so noisy inside it seemed hardly worth leaving a japanese cd/radio that hasnt been frequency converted in the car. I removed the stereo, speakers and all associated wiring.

One other intermittent light that comes on on the dashboard is a light that says 'rear lights'. its on the right hand side of the dashboard under the main head lamp light. Does anyone know what this light means ? I've taken a quick look through the workshop manual in the BE section and I cant find anything on it ? All my rear lights are lit so I dont know why it would be on. One of the rear number plate lights is slightly dim - I wonder if this could be on its way out and causing the light to stay on ?

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Rear Lights warning light ?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2005, 12:27 PM
I've never heard of this light before...might be JDM exclusive. Post up a pic if you have the opportunity to make one.
You followed the correct approach to the wiring by the way, I've seen some messy jobs myself in the past few years, I usually just rip out everything that looks wrong and start over again.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Can you take a picture of it? I think that will clearify a lot. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Rear Lights warning light ?]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High-beam warning lamp Mylesmck 4 834 07-21-2023 07:44 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 5,911 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Electrical - Rear Screen Demist and Dash lights mad.matt 0 3,483 01-12-2015 01:15 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  AVO Suspension from MCN Motorsport warning 4000GT 1 3,559 07-19-2013 04:48 AM
Last Post: 4000GT
  Rear ae86 rear discs & pad part numbers? J-86 4 5,354 11-30-2012 06:32 PM
Last Post: J-86