Realising my long lived dream - AE86
03-23-2014, 09:50 PM
robokill Wrote:no, to look into old picutres with the license plate. I believe the car was dark grey

I pmmed it to you :-)

Build your dreams.

Ford Puma 1.7 Zetec-s Daily
Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe "Jinxy"- Dreamcar
Mitsubishi sapporo - bosuzoku project
Find all posts by this user
03-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Update : Tried the Panda paintjob on it. Still has some faults in it wich i need to fix up. and don't mind the front fenders, changing them anyways Tongue

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Realising my long lived dream - AE86][/img]

Build your dreams.

03-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Not trying to be the party pooper but the black portion is too high. It usually sits below that indentation.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Realising my long lived dream - AE86]

ハチロク

03-24-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm all for the do-everything-yourself approach, but I must admit I think this car would be better off in a one-tone matte finish. The car is not that pretty anymore with those VW golf rear arches (I think I spotted those), and a two tone paint job usually accentuates them. It's never going to look like takumi's trueno anyway, but it can look really cool with a simple paint job if done right.

Your two tone is a long way off from where it should be.. the black line is too (damn) high, it should be just above the bumpers, under the crease in the bodywork, not in it. The white line goes along the tops of the bumpers, and on the doors it is not really painted, but just the plastic strips that are white. No problem painting that though. Take a look at Robokill's first panda levin if you want to see what it can look like when painted right.

Please dont take this criticism too harshly, I'm glad someone is keeping this 86 going after the life it's had over the past 10 years.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:I'm all for the do-everything-yourself approach, but I must admit I think this car would be better off in a one-tone matte finish.
I think to put it into a 2 tone white/black like the Karin Futo in GTa4 & 5 (wich is the levin coupe irl)
btw, about those golf arches. i'm getting rid of those since i got some nice drift styled arches here Smile

Ivan141 Wrote:It's never going to look like takumi's trueno anyway, but it can look really cool with a simple paint job if done right.
but .. but .. but i wanna deliver tofu :c

Ivan141 Wrote:Please dont take this criticism too harshly, I'm glad someone is keeping this 86 going after the life it's had over the past 10 years.
No problem ^^ i love constructive critisism. It is the first car i'm painting in my life. And i know that i'm doing some beginner errors. But we all start off at some point Wink And what about its past ? i know a few things, but not all of em. care to share Smile ?

zenki Wrote:Not trying to be the party pooper but the black portion is too high. It usually sits below that indentation.

AARGH GODDAMNIT >_< Will fix it. as i said. 2 tone futo style Smile

Build your dreams.

03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Mine is painted Panda style also... although not sure if the dimensions of the black/white ratio are completely correct...
If you need some measures just let me know and I will check. Thumbs up!

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/157208#157208
03-25-2014, 10:20 AM
I've sat in the passenger seat of that 86 of yours, being drifted around the paddock area of zandvoort back when it was yellow about a couple of months before it was parked into a wall sideways somewhere in belgium. Lets just say it was not treated gently by it's then-time owner (Chell).
Before that Jeroen owned it, who took better care of it afaik.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, for a once wall-parked car this one seems to be in ok-enough condition, though usually you wont spot any compromises, unless you know how rocker panels, wheel arches and factory spot weld points are supposed to look.

But if it`s repaired properly (Doesnt have to look factory, but has to be done right) it shouldnt be value detracting and mainly saves your life if an accident occurs Smile

Mine has foam and non-gas welded flat steel and shit between outer metal panel and inner frame to keep RH rear fender looking nice and straight instead of bulging inwards, courtesy of a little accident on the "touge" Tongue

For now I`d just keep the one-tone (But black bumpers) white that it already has and spend the cash on getting the car MOT`ed, a Futo car is kewl and all but it will do you no good if you spend so much cash on spray cans etc, when the car still needs the expensive MOT but misses interior panels, fails brake test etc etc.

1x AE86 84` Zenki Coupè Levin 4A-GE 20v
1x AE86 83' Zenki Coupe Levin 4A-GE 16v
1x TA60 82' Sedan 2T 8V
1x TA40 78` MK1 Zenk/Pre-Facelift Wagon 4A-GE 16v
03-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Rascal21 Wrote:Well, for a once wall-parked car this one seems to be in ok-enough condition,

For now I`d just keep the one-tone (But black bumpers) white that it already has and spend the cash on getting the car MOT`ed, a Futo car is kewl and all but it will do you no good if you spend so much cash on spray cans etc, when the car still needs the expensive MOT but misses interior panels, fails brake test etc etc.

Indeed Rascal. I am still waiting for the interiour panels, Since my parts buddy always has to work in the weekends.

Dino86 Wrote:Mine is painted Panda style also... although not sure if the dimensions of the black/white ratio are completely correct...
If you need some measures just let me know and I will check. Thumbs up!

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/157208#157208
That would be lovely thanks ^^

Ivan141 Wrote:I've sat in the passenger seat of that 86 of yours, being drifted around the paddock area of zandvoort back when it was yellow about a couple of months before it was parked into a wall sideways somewhere in belgium. Lets just say it was not treated gently by it's then-time owner (Chell).
Before that Jeroen owned it, who took better care of it afaik.
The car is kinda fixed up ok. you dont really notice the damage, but the fenders are welded by monkeys.
I think the car went from Chell to Bennie. Then later on Benny sold the car, he had loads of interested people but turned down lots of em, because he'd only sell the car to an enthousiast. So thats how the car ended up in my hands. and stays there forever Wink

Currently i won't be working on the car for one simple reason.
I'm hella sick atm. Got a sore trouth (spellcheck please) - Keelpijn
headache and couching alot. pff great -_- long story short. fealing really shit at the moment. so i'm in bed all the time.

Build your dreams.

04-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Guys, heres a large update for my hachi ^^

Did a full interiour install (original seatbelt were bad and got 2 right backseats ...) for the rest fixed the painting and slammed on some nice 14" konig Smile still need to do a few things before MOT

1 fix lights
2 install front overfenders

Build your dreams.