Realising my long lived dream - AE86
03-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Rascal21 Wrote:The seatbelts are OEM are they not? have someone at Toyota dealership attest to that with signature, done for free Smile
Sorry but what does OEM mean ? Original equipped motorpart ? or ?
The seatbelts i have are aftermarket 4 point racing harnass with E clearance. so basicly streetlegal. I called an other MOT centre, and they told me this: "Sir, with oldtimers we don't even look at interior or seatbelts"

Rascal21 Wrote:Some brake issues they`ll know only when testing the brakes on the rolling road, this is where they often test front and rear brakes separately (And where issues arise), you need to tell them to get their hands out of their ass and explain WHICH caliper they think is bad, or if its just brake fade, instead of saying "not good enough".
The driver side front caliber was leaking. I saw it slightly

Rascal21 Wrote:My tip is when they MOT your car, be there, you`ll get a hands-on explanation!

I did drive to there and well, i asked for a explanation, they refused. Saying i'd better scrap the car and buy someting better.
My friend litterly needed to grab my arm, because i almoast punched the MOT guy in the face.

Rascal21 Wrote:Got pics of the rust-welding done on the car? Could be ugly looking but solid as phek, theres some tips for that too Smile
Will make em as soon as i got time, i'm busy these days Sad but thanks in advace !

Rascal21 Wrote:You`re way better off with this really nice looking car as starting point than I was with mine (Also Levin Coupè), these issues on your car can be solved in very short time and costs are minimum!

Rascal21 Wrote:I had a engine with failed camshaft bearing housings, bad oil pump.
Rear brake discs distorted, new disc spacers and brake pads needed.
Front brake discs rusty, new pads needed.
Spindles not even from AE86 and still not able to determine what type, different outer tie rods, coilovers from something else (S13/Opel/Volvo, who knows?), gearbox that jumped out of gear and another 20 expensive problems.
Holy sh*t O_O DAMN MAN why am I even complaining ? the only small real problem with mine is my starter that is dying, but i have a spare one

Rascal21 Wrote:Btw as for games with AE86, get rFactor simulator on PC, and a Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel, I`m doing Initial D Akina runs and Gunsai Touge Hot Version-style all the time (With 20v sounds, TRD/Tsuchiya suspension) Smile theres an AE86 N2 mod for it too (With proper sounds, paint etc)
thanks for the tip ^^ will look into it Big Grin

Build your dreams.

Ford Puma 1.7 Zetec-s Daily
Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe "Jinxy"- Dreamcar
Mitsubishi sapporo - bosuzoku project
Find all posts by this user
03-13-2014, 07:16 PM
You`re right about OEM yes Smile

They refused to tell you what was wrong with the car???
You want your money back for the MOT or explanation Smile

To figure out whats wrong with your caliper you need to remove it from the car (M10 hose nipple and the two caliper bolts), quick tip is to take your master brake cylinder lid off, put some food plastic folia (Or w/e you call it) on it and close the lid again. this way you wont have to use so much brake fluid when bleeding the brake line again.

Dismantling the caliper is simple, remove the brake pads etc, to get pistons out of a brake caliper out take a high pressure air pistol, put it into where the brake hose nipple sat and blast away, a good idea here is to put a wooden plank or something into the caliper (where the brake disc would normally be) so you wont have pistons, seals and brake fluid hitting your face, cuz these things pop out really fast and hard!

1x AE86 84` Zenki Coupè Levin 4A-GE 20v
1x AE86 83' Zenki Coupe Levin 4A-GE 16v
1x TA60 82' Sedan 2T 8V
1x TA40 78` MK1 Zenk/Pre-Facelift Wagon 4A-GE 16v
03-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Rascal21 Wrote:They refused to tell you what was wrong with the car???
You want your money back for the MOT or explanation Smile
They are a bunch of assholes at the MOT centre of Rotselaar. I made a nice sticker to accomodate it. If you want, pm me your email and i will send it to you (not uploading it yet, maybe some from mot sees it)

Rascal21 Wrote:To figure out whats wrong with your caliper you need to remove it from the car
I need to look into it, thanks for the info man Big Grin

Rascal21 Wrote:so you wont brake fluid hitting your face, cuz these things pop out really fast and hard!

I once gotten brake fluid in my left eye when i was working on my scooter. never again .... kicked the kitchen door in back then out of panic

zenki Wrote:
MC_JP Wrote:my hope sank in my shoes, because in belgium the MOT is a bitch and renting special licence plates for MOT is hella expensive. I also lost my work so its just adding insult to injury.
Ha mot sucks big time in Belgium. I have to go in 2 months i think, it's going to be a big pain in the ass like previous years. Angry

Do you have pictures of your car? Maybe open a project thread...

Thumbs up!

Zenki: Pictures are posted and yes i know. I'm always scared that the guys at MOT will disrespect me because of my tuning when i go with my Puma (fully tuned)

Build your dreams.

03-20-2014, 10:33 PM
ahh right there is the yellow banana :-)

Seems to be in good hands. Did you take care of all the rust? Any pictures of the process to get it from black to white ?

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
robokill Wrote:ahh right there is the yellow banana :-)

Seems to be in good hands. Did you take care of all the rust? Any pictures of the process to get it from black to white ?

Hey robokill. Thanks Smile the car is in the good hands of a big AE86 enthousiast Hurray!

Rust? what rust? I am currently working on the chassis (dutch - Deurdrempels) the trunk is welded. The front screens are beeing fixed. But other cases of rust? do you mean the rear axles ?

Please, i notice that you know alot about this car. Please aid me if you want to ;D

ps: some pictures are found here in my top post - for the whole progress please PM me your facebook and I will add you. There is the current progress. (to lazy to upload it all to photobucket and link it) maybe for when im bored Wink

Build your dreams.

03-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Old pictures of the car

I need to figure out the license plate and see its original color. Because I don't believe it was yellow in its original state.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-22-2014, 01:56 PM
cool to see someone save another ae86! robokill mean rusts because all old ae86 got rusts everywhere, but in your case it might been fixed from previous owners.

take a good care of it! there might someone got some interiors parts for you. just keep asking Thumbs up!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
03-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Yep best to check all common places for rust Big Grin
Wheel arches and behind back seats left and right
trunk
engine bay
drempels
etc etc
03-23-2014, 08:55 PM
robokill Wrote:Old pictures of the car

I need to figure out the license plate and see its original color. Because I don't believe it was yellow in its original state.

Hey Robokill, thanks for the pictures ^^ How can you find out the original color trough the licence plate? Trough RDW.NL ?

oldskull Wrote:cool to see someone save another ae86! robokill mean rusts because all old ae86 got rusts everywhere, but in your case it might been fixed from previous owners.

take a good care of it! there might someone got some interiors parts for you. just keep asking Thumbs up!
I will take good care for it, like it's my child ;-)
Seeing its history this one is right in time and in the right hands for saving. to bad i don't got the real money for it at the moment. (or else i would fit everything new aftermarket)
Yes i got a partsman but i'm waiting around 2 weeks now for my interiour parts. He is a busy man but i see him as my friend, because we always have fun searching for parts and talking about AE86''s Smile

ditn Wrote:Yep best to check all common places for rust Big Grin
Wheel arches and behind back seats left and right
trunk
engine bay
drempels
etc etc
Wheel arches are beeing fixed
Behind seats - clean
Trunk is fixed up
engine bay was clean if i remember correctly
drempels - getting fixed

Also the hood was rusting, i just resprayed it, guess i need to sand it down again and rutex it again.

Build your dreams.

03-23-2014, 09:19 PM
no, to look into old picutres with the license plate. I believe the car was dark grey

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS