Racer Free Car Simulation
08-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Racer is a free game, with an emphais on realistic car physics and handling.

main site: http://www.racer.nl
current version download: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=214336

the game is in a consant state of development, and it is by no means perfect, but it does hold its own against alot of full price games, lots of tracks/cars etc are availiable on the rscne.org forums.

so now for the good part

for the best part of my life it seems i've been working on a AE86 mod for this game, and together with Cosmo (who works on my performance files, and makes the cars handle as they should) i'm part of the way there..

current released versions are the zenki & kouki Trueno 3door, in GTV, GTapex and SR spec.
http://www.gtapex.com/forum/index.php?topic=424.0

other cars in progress are the 3 door levin.

some pics

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Racer Free Car Simulation]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I have installed this game once in the past..but it wasn't evolved far enough to make it a really enjoyable game. Car would suddenly take of into the sky etc etc.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2005, 09:22 PM
the game has evolved a long way since those days, so it is worth trying out the lastest beta.

the latest versions have had that colision bug fixed for quite a while, also theres been a vast improvement in the gfx engine amongst other things, multi player support, and a basic form of AI.
08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey Endo dude,

welcome! Been to your site once or twice if I am not mistakenSmile

I too played racer from time to time but I never really got it to drive very good for some reason.. but it sure is a fun platform to work withSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-21-2005, 11:36 PM
It was just last year that I tried Racer out the last time...Didnt like the physics a lot, and indeed it had some nasty bugs like my brother Nohachi pointed out. I might be tempted to try it again soon.
I still think Live for Speed is one of the best sim racers out there if real-life handling is your cup of tea..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-22-2005, 10:57 AM
@Endo: Okay, I'll give it another whirl after my exams this weeks...If only to check out your work with the AE86

PS: No chance of getting a KE25 or TE27 skin any time soon? Would make a lot of us oldy fanatics really happy

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
08-23-2005, 01:32 AM
Actually i have been working on a TE27 & TE62 for a while now but ithey are no where close to being completed since i've had loads of work on at the moment. Hopefully i can get them close to finished soon, along with the stack of other cars that i've worked on.
08-23-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure if you have fixed this yet, or if your going to, but In the 3rd pic down the tail lights are wrong - The number plate lights are separate from the tail lights in the zenki trueno and levin.
08-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Well to be honest its not something i'd change at this current moment in time, mainly because the car has been availiable to download for almost a year now, so the main aim these days is accurate perfomance of the car.

I've known about the zenki rear end problem for a while, there are whole heaps of problems with the car to be honest, the rear window line has been wrong for a while now since the 7th version of the car was made (and is only correct on the leving at the moment), front arches dont meet the bumper right, the hood/window join area is sketchy.... and the list goes on... its one of the problems when sharing the car for about 20 different versions, since i've been building aero kit versions as well as the stock levin/trueno models. Sometimes it does make me wish i just stuck with making one version of fhe car.

Hopefully i can iron out alot of the problems when i get to building the next stage eventually, which is a making a entirely new body mesh, with fixes to current problems as wells as refining alot of the shapes of the car.... i just wish i had more time.
08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Damn, I wish I could model a car like thatSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarook86 kaido racer 2 record breaking . Dorikin86 9 10,230 01-13-2008 12:54 PM
Last Post: rwdlover
  D1 Racer Grand Prix Roku_trueno 3 6,389 01-02-2008 10:40 PM
Last Post: rwdlover
  Initial D - AE86, Akina ... race simulation El_Camino 4 8,075 02-01-2007 05:05 PM
Last Post: Apolan