RX7: Bad joke or not?
06-15-2007, 11:01 PM
DJexor Wrote:
Lipinhu Wrote:probably the wheels arent apropriate for that model, and the bolts were too short, insted of 6 turns, looks like 1/4 turn or less, all whhels came out so easily.

exactly
+1

That's the whole reason I started this topic. I mean, they fall off too easy.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RX7: Bad joke or not?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Seen this one already, but very sad to see RX7 lying on his belly Sad

How tight do you guys tighten your car's lugnuts? Because too tight is not good...(killing the stud i think) and too loose...well..maybe something like the RX7 happens.
I dont have a torquewrench thing (yet). And I suppose that not everyone has and use such thing to just tighten their lugnuts after each tire change. Some garages uses compressorguns and just let it "klaklaklaklakalk".
So how much do you fasten it? (after turning 6 threads)

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2007, 12:15 AM
kungfumaster Wrote:Seen this one already, but very sad to see RX7 lying on his belly Sad

How tight do you guys tighten your car's lugnuts? Because too tight is not good...(killing the stud i think) and too loose...well..maybe something like the RX7 happens.
I dont have a torquewrench thing (yet). And I suppose that not everyone has and use such thing to just tighten their lugnuts after each tire change. Some garages uses compressorguns and just let it "klaklaklaklakalk".
So how much do you fasten it? (after turning 6 threads)

If you turn it 6 times om the thread it wont be a problem.. when one of them will loosen up you will feel like you have a bended wheel. Your steering wheel will shake a little. If youre sure you dont have a bended wheel check your lugnuts. I experienced it in the car of my neveu. He drove further with the car and the steering wheel becan to shake harder and harder till the second one broke.... at that moment he couldn't even drive anymore.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RX7: Bad joke or not?]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
06-16-2007, 02:59 AM
i think lugnut are supposed to be tightened around 80-90 Nms
06-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Depends on the car. Most toyotas 90-100Nm
Big cars like previa 120-130Nm.

I always do 120Nm.
06-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Too bad about the FD..it was a nice car. Freak accident imho, I've seen cars do entire laps of a circuit with a wheel missing all lugnuts..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
An aquaintance of my friend who races in rallyies, did an entire rally with driveshaft bolts only screwed in by hand (of my friend that is Big Grin).
06-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Apolan Wrote:An aquaintance of my friend who races in rallyies, did an entire rally with driveshaft bolts only screwed in by hand (of my friend that is Big Grin).

wow, thats cutting it pretty close dont you think lol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
How about an entire day at the nurburgring, including the 720km round trip on the autobahn (full throttle most of the way), with one of the rear hubs held on by just the last 2 threads. Whoops...

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
whoa.. sometimes i wonder what else you can get away with. Than on the other side you can have a perfectly good setup that fails miserably, due to some un-fucking-natural consequence of events..