RHD levin headlights problem on LHD car?
09-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello ,i want to know if the installment ,of a rhd (levin) headlight on a lhd car ,can cause any problem at night with the visibillity, or the oncoming traffic?
Has anybody tried this installment so far?
Thanks in advance!

Wave

ALWAYS SIDEWAYS!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes it will cause problems because the lights have glass moulded for a specific pattern. This will be backwards on a rhd car. Over here you cant even pass inspection if they notice the light pattern is wrong.
What you can do with RHD levin headlights is install LHD EE82 (Liftback) glass, I've read that they are interchangeable.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks for your answer,i guess then a simple adjustment to the height of the beam won't make any difference at all,if the car is for street use... Confused

ALWAYS SIDEWAYS!!!!!
09-18-2011, 11:50 PM
thanos Wrote:Thanks for your answer,i guess then a simple adjustment to the height of the beam won't make any difference at all,if the car is for street use... Confused

Nothing to do with height.
LHD should look like this:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - RHD levin headlights problem on LHD car?]

If you drive wrong headlights, you will "blind" drivers coming from opposite direction + won't be able to see enough side of the road, signs, ditches... people walking on it. This issue should be taken seriously.
09-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Theoretically speaking, yes it can cause problem.

thanos Wrote:Has anybody tried this installment so far?
I have RHD light (from japan) on my LHD AE86 over the last 3 years without any problem.
just had to make some adjustment of the beams to be sure to don't blind other drivers but it's not realy hard to do.
09-19-2011, 11:21 AM
I drive with high beams all the time because my switch assy won't work, but i can't say it is OK.
09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Like I said.. find yourself some ee82 liftback lights and swap the glass over to your RHD lights. Relatively easy to do with an oven to heat up the glue. Or just risk it with RHD light adjusted to give a pattern closer to the LHD one.
It is easy to spot though if they use the light beam adjustment thing that they put exactly in front of a headlight. It immediately shows the pattern, if they don't use it you might have a chance to pass inspection.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:if they use the light beam adjustment thing that they put exactly in front of a headlight. It immediately shows the pattern
That exactly what they done on mine but in France I believe they don't realy care about that Smile (but yes we clearly see the pattern)
09-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for the answers ,seem that the rhd headlight could give some kind of trouble ,since the ae86 is used as my everyday car.

But why is it so hard ,for a company like toyota,to maintain the parts supply,making it so hard for us to properly restore our cars.

ALWAYS SIDEWAYS!!!!!