Hey everyone! www.PetrolinMyVeins.com
09-17-2009, 06:15 PM
thanks for your comment. appreciate it.

Well let me jot down the mission for you Smile

Basically I want the site in essence to be a platform for limitless possibilities. What I'm trying to do is put all the functionality which we
use daily, but from different sites, into one big ass website concept..... :evil

I want the following out of the website:

Currently Implemented
1. For ppl to showcase their vehicles. Any vehicle. Mayb it can be used as a classified but I'm not limiting it to anything
2. To be able to buy/sell items relating to vehicles similar to Ebay
3. Chatroom for anyone to converse with any online users regarding problems, suggestions, for good places to get your car serviced, to buy items etc, etc

To be added in the VERY near future:
1. Community functionality where shops/garages/mechanics/tuning shops/upgraders can put up their profiles and services and items for sale, where everyone who has experienced their service and bought items can rate and comment on their credibility, etc, etc.
2. Blogging capability for any projects anyone's carrying out. But it would be great if anyone put their links from AE86 on that and that would be sufficient
3. Forum to talk about absolutely anything but as this is something very common I don't see the forum from my site can offer anything better than what's there other than the fact that now everything is in one website.

I guess the main point is the ability to do all this on one site is the + point.. Also I don't want it to be limited to one country. I've tried hard to make it location independant and if you see any improvements I'd like to hear from you'll as I want this to be a site for all of us.

Hope to hear some ideas/feedback/attacks/shouting from all of you and including you Apolan soooon..... Smile

Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect!

Cheated on my いたずらな女の子 and now I can't get enough of her..
Find all posts by this user
09-27-2009, 07:04 AM
capetown drifters/racers

http://www.petrolinmyveins.com/index.php...8&Itemid=4

10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Good luck with the website Heshan!
It looks very nice already Thumbs up!
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM
The site is really nice, but for me this internet communities bussines along with facebook and whatnot just blew out of proportion. I feel they scatter too much of my energy around and i dont even have facebook.

This is the only problem i think, people dont want yet another site, theres so many good ones already. For it to really be meaningfull, it would in my opinion need a more specific philosophy/aim.

Best of luck!
10-08-2009, 04:11 AM
hey apolan.. thanks for the compliment and for taking your time to reply..

Well basically I feel I have a specific idea. That is to get a group of ppl with similar interests (well as for my site its all abt vehicles) and get them to publish and provide info abt their vehicles and how their life interacts with vehicles. So for example if I'm interested in cars AND I'm a mechanic, I can put myself up on the site as a mechanic and provide samples of my work.

I would want others who have gone to him to give reassurance to others by commenting and rating him. also even if anyone doesnt have rating or a profile on my site through cars that were built through them we can find ppl with good skills to look after our cars.

My underlying philosophy is to basically provide a platform for ppl with vehicles to have a single site to go to get information. Easier said than done...? YES definitely but I'm going to try at least in my geolocation and see if I can prove it that the concept works. But if anyone's interested in carrying out a test around your country then please do go ahead. I will setup the site for you guys or you can use this site itself.

Finally I will link all the sites to a single main site where depending on your geolocation you can choose which site to go to but the concept/look and feel with be same for all but mayb the language could be different.

10-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Guys I've finally added the networking functionality to the site.

Now you can;

*showcase yours car
*put ads to sell/buy items on the site (I already have a 2 shops advertising with me, one accessories and other perf upgrades)
*get your own garages/shops to come here and make their profile so that your friends can rate and have a online database of these so that new guys and even you urself can rate them for the future generations.. Smile

http://www.petrolinmyveins.com/index.php...&Itemid=15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry X-mas everyone Bean 4 3,840 12-27-2019 04:27 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Merry Christmas everyone. Bean 5 5,645 01-03-2019 11:25 PM
Last Post: zenki
  Merry X-mas everyone Bean 5 4,872 01-01-2018 04:34 PM
Last Post: zenki
  Merry Christmas Everyone!! hachirokuGTV 12 11,384 12-25-2007 06:22 PM
Last Post: JonnyAE86
  where is everyone The Big Yin 56 39,976 12-21-2005 10:59 PM