Question for mods
01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Question for mods
Anyone know why my last profile was deleted? went to answer some questions and saw that it showed "unregistered"
01-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Question for mods
Can you tell us what your profile name was then? That way I can try to figure out what happened to it.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Question for mods]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Question for mods
(01-27-2016 01:09 PM)d3liroast Wrote:  had to make a new account with the same name... but anyways, because belgium is right, honestly surprised CT on the forester wasnt that bad. as far as specs, its just a normal us spec GT-S.
Wink

AE86 ex-daily
02-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Question for mods
/\ yep lol. @banpei It was d3liroast and its d3liroast again. if you look at my original hello thread it says the op is unregistered i believe and then the last post is the new account ive made with the same exact name
02-18-2016, 05:29 PM
Question for mods
(01-31-2016 09:17 PM)banpei Wrote:  Can you tell us what your profile name was then? That way I can try to figure out what happened to it.

Had to make my 3rd account now since my last one that I made didnt get approved or whatever again. Only forum I've ever had this much of a hassle joining.
Find all posts by this user
02-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Question for mods
Dont take it personally, we had to put measures in place to keep spamming accounts at bay, I havent been approving accounts lately and apparently whoever was doing so regularly has stopped.
Either that or your email/ip are marked on the forumspam registry somehow, in which case we usually deny appplication without much further thought.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Question for mods
A agree there any other eu/Belgian 86 sites since its too much of a hassle to activate my account?
02-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Question for mods
Calm down buddy, shoot a message to banpei. I'm pretty sure he can help you out to get your account activated Smile

Daily Beater: Civic EG5
Work in progress Car: AE86
02-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Question for mods
Maybe I should have added 'I'll look into it for you'. That post of mine was just me trying to explain why you might be having such a hassle getting registered. No one has anything against new members, we're just a bunch of guys with a day job that sometimes forget to do our chores. Our bad, not yours.

If we didn't use this account activation the forum would be flooded with useless commercial posts, it just requires us mods to check new users once in a while.
Anyway, I just activated your account.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-19-2016, 11:44 AM
Question for mods
To elaborate: we simply look for the following three things before approving an account:
1. Email activation (so did you check your email and click the link in that)
2. ip address and email not known for spamming (http://www.stopforumspam.com/)
3. No weird/spam links in your signature
So if someone did not activate their email we will not enable your account. Otherwise we will not be able to send you emails about personal messages or password resets.

AFAIK I did not remove your account, but if the account is in the queue too long it will be automatically removed.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Question for mods]