Thread Closed 
Prothane Polyurethane Bushing Kits
09-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Im thinking of ordering Prothane Polyurethane Bushing Kit for my AE86 http://www.tmengineering.net/suspension/...oyota.html

This + kayaba gas shocks wil give the car a better ride. Rubber bushings en dampers are dead after 17 years.

Michel

Daily driver: Seat Leon Cupra V6
Summercar: E30 M3 Cecotto
Projectcar: AE86
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Thats cheap! If you do buy the kit please let me know how it works.

Quote: Rubber bushings en dampers are dead after 17 years.
I know! My car feels like its tilting when cornering, and that feels strange when using stiff shocks and dampers Confused

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Prothane Polyurethane Bushing Kits]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Michel,

Be careful, I ordered some bushings in USA for the RX7 that where around $100 and I ended up paying almost 200 euro due to import tax and whatnot. I got unlucky though for our friendly dutch tax office charged import tax on the item, the shipping and even the fucking bank charges!

Make sure the supplier sending the bushings to you marks them for a much lower price or you get someone in the USA to buy them for you and then send them by regular postage so they can mark it as second hand or something.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Bastiaan,

I will e-mail. the shop as soon as they are in stockl to checkout in their can besome nice arrangement. Thanks for the tipping me for that. On the other hand, proflex kit cost in Holland € 400,-- !!!!!!!!!

As soon as I have the kit on the car I will report how the car feels.

Michel

09-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I was planning on ordering the prothane kit as well. The first items just recently got out of the production line. Should add a bit of crispness to the steering. @Michel: what KYB shocks have you ordered? GR-2's or AGX? I'm curious what AGX would cost in euro's (NL). Do keep in mind that AGX shocks for ae86 are most likely short stroke's, unless they developed a new kit specifically for ae86. If they are shorter you will have to shorten the struts in order to get your ride hight correct both front and back.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Ivan,

normal, non ajustable gas filed schoks. Price in front ex. BTW 45 euro for one schockabsorber, price for the rear 37 euro.

Maybe we could do a groupbuy for the bushings?

Michel

09-12-2004, 09:37 PM
I think the gas shocks from KYB are the GR-2's. I'm buying a similar set of shocks, the blue Tokico HP's. Those are a bit more expensive though since I have to ship them from the US. If they are identical I'm better off buying GR-2's the netherlands...time for a bit of research. As far as the prothane bushings are conserned, I think a group buy would be a great idea, at least for us dutch guys. Would you be willing to email prothane or TMengineering to ask if such a thing is possible? I know that the shipping becomes considerably cheaper for large volumes, I highly doubt they would give much of a discount on what is already a very cheap set though.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-12-2004, 09:57 PM
I'd go for it if we can keep the price ok enough. I may not install them directly but always good to have a set on the shelves for when I do have the timeSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Okay, lets start up a list of potential buyers then. Should we do this in the dutch part of the forum or make a dutch thread in the buy/sell section?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Buy/sellSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post