Power steering?
02-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Power steering?
I dont have much trouble with my 205/45/R16's on my hachi, with having a PS rack, but no PS stuff hooked up to it.

If you dont want the loss of engine rev happiness, then use a PS pump up from an SW20 MR2... its electrical.

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Power steering?
Jan Pedersen Wrote:
jamiemirror Wrote:
mykkk Wrote:so is it possible/hard to install a power steering pump into a car that does not have it?

Yes. Buy steering parts from USA guys and use them in your Corolla.
You might be able to use parts from a Carina II... I'll look into it Smile
I just talked to a friend of mine, who did this mod on his rally car. Its not easy, but it can be done. He recommend getting the stuff you need from an 86 with PS, but he is looking into other possibilities at the time Smile

BTW this year he is going to use an electrical pump from a 106 instead of the celica pump he is using now...

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Power steering?]
02-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Power steering?
wow...kind of seems more trouble than it is worth =/
i dont know...will have to see if i'm struggling too much with the manual steering before i decide to go ahead with this.
just to update you guys, hopefully will have my 86 in about 2 months. It is shipping from Japan. It apparently only has 19,000 km on the clock....doesnt sound real. But i'm going to get it all checked out to see if anything has been tampered with and hopefully i will get a certificate to say its genuine. Just let u guys see a pic of it! and again thanks for all the input from you guys. This place is great!
Jan> if you could keep me posted about whether or not other parts from other cars can be used that would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
02-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Power steering?
WOW Tongue Yummie! Nice one! 19Mm would be awesome Thumbs up! Would you mind telling us how much a car like this costs, I would like to know...

I will let you know...

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
02-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Power steering?
What import company do you use?

And congrats with the new car! Thumbs up!
02-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Power steering?
i actually imported the car myself...me and a friend import cars now and then, though we have only imported celicas and supras
i found this car on auction and decided to bid on it. 19k km is pretty good, so i actually put up quite a large price....i paid 720,000 yen for this car, and that is not including shipping and freight!! shipping and frieght makes it a total of 896,000 yen and then I also have to fork out money for the tax and duty in the UK. Then more money on getting the car registered over here. Will it be worth it? I don't know. I think alot of people will think that I overpaid for this car (i hate to admit this, but i agree). My argument to this (more to myself) is that it is very low mileage (will get this certified of course) and it has a TRD lsd, climate control........it also has some type of dvd player in there (!)...no idea. Still waiting for the full details to be confirmed by my contacts in japan. Am i going to regret spending so much on this car?!? only time will tell
I still want power steering tho :o aha

Trueno for sale!
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Power steering?
Hmmm, 6,583.13 EUR isn't that bad for a mint car with only 19k km. Thumbs up!
Hopefully it still got the dinging-device. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
02-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Power steering?
2 mykkk. is your car on the way over already ? If it's still in Japan now is the time to stick a few parts in the boot as it won't cost you anything to ship.

02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Power steering?
thats a good point actually...i wonder if they can source me power steering parts...
I'm possibly thinking about a new exhaust tbh...maybe apexi?

Trueno for sale!
09-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Power steering?
So, guys,
has anybody drive BOTH powerand non-power steering vehicles??

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Power steering?] http://www.jdmbits.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power steering clunk Jezza_hr 12 13,468 09-24-2021 01:42 PM
Last Post: pack
  Why Manual Steering Rack ?? Power Steering Removal juantonwan 26 39,915 10-02-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  AE86 non-power steering problem andee17 3 6,574 07-25-2013 06:41 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  Power steering question totta Crolla 3 4,171 02-19-2013 01:52 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Play in power steering rack help phill 92 5 5,764 10-25-2012 12:01 PM
Last Post: allencr