Pics wanted
12-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Pics wanted
Hi,
Can somebody please post some pics of an ignition coil. Preferebly close up pics. I have sparks coming from mine and I have a feeling something is wrong.
Thanks in advance guys
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Pics wanted
Maybe this helps

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Pics wanted
I've seen sparks flying from mine when I installed in in one of the guys cars to see if we could get it to run. It works just fine in my car, and the car that it was sparking in worked okay as well with a new igniter later on.
Does your car start? The only thing wrong with the engine when it was sparking across the igniter was wet sparkplugs (Fuel soaked). If yours has spark and fuel but doesnt start, try running the starter engine at full throttle with the efi fuse removed to dry the sparkplugs up a bit.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Pics wanted
\
Thanks for your reply and the picture. The spark plugs were wet and these have now been changed. The sparks stopped comingout for a while but they are back. So I assume my spark plugs are getting wet again. Whydo they keep getting wet ?
12-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Pics wanted
330uk,

Wet on the inside or outside??Smile

If inside then probably you have a bad injector, one that doesn't produce a nice mist of fuel but drops of fuel that stick to your spark plug. What is also possible is that the sparkplug itself isn't sparking so the fuel does not ignite and just condenses on your spark plug.

If on the outside, well I have that one one spark plug on my DeLorean because its not in straight (bad threading) and the wire doesn't attach good to it making it possible for moisture to get trapped there. Then again, thats a car engine gets wet in the rain due to its design....

Other option that springs to mind in this situation is a tiny watter leak somewhere.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Pics wanted
Problem not fully solved yet, but getting better. It tends to spark and misfire when it feels like it

I found small traces of oil around the distributor cap, is this normal ?
12-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Pics wanted
330uk Wrote:Problem not fully solved yet, but getting better. It tends to spark and misfire when it feels like it

I found small traces of oil around the distributor cap, is this normal ?

yess

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
12-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Pics wanted
Thanks for your replys.
Not having luck in getting rid ofthis spark and misfire.
Ive changed air filter, spark plugs, rotor arm and distributor cap. Anything else to check/change ?
12-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Pics wanted
330 have you checked your injectors yet? Try swapping injectors and seeing if a different cylinder now misfires.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Pics wanted
330uk Wrote:Thanks for your replys.
Not having luck in getting rid ofthis spark and misfire.
Ive changed air filter, spark plugs, rotor arm and distributor cap. Anything else to check/change ?
Maybe the ignition cables (Dunno the english word here... but the cables that go from the distrubtor cap to the spark plugs) needs a change?

Best Regards,

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Pics wanted]