Performance parts
11-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Performance parts
Hi,

wondering where folks are buying aftermarket pistons and rods from? I'm getting not very much selection when I'm looking so wondering where people go.

TIA
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Performance parts
(11-22-2018 11:02 PM)kazi Wrote:  Hi,

wondering where folks are buying aftermarket pistons and rods from? I'm getting not very much selection when I'm looking so wondering where people go.

TIA

MRP, BattleGarage, Real Street, RHD Japan, Partbox/Co-ord sport
11-29-2018, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 09:25 PM by oldeskewltoy.)
Performance parts
depends....

I happen to like Molnar rods, you can get them directly - http://www.molnartechnologies.com/rods-sc-toyota.html But typically rods are for substantial builds, mild to moderate builds can easily use the OEM rods

pistons are another story...MANY places have them... few are actually a useful piston... Crying I prefer something built for the application, and I typically have JE Piston make them... but most pistons companies can make a decent piston **IF** they begin with the correct information! Again, mild to moderate builds can get by with "stock" (Toyota, or aftermarket) 10.3:1 pistons

camshafts are also available from many different sources, I happen to like the offerings from Cat cams - shorter ramps, and a bit more lift them many of the other offerings.

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
11-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Performance parts
If you're building a Revy 16v, OEM Blacktop rods still the choice?
11-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Performance parts
(11-30-2018 01:55 PM)mad.matt Wrote:  If you're building a Revy 16v, OEM Blacktop rods still the choice?

depends... on a 42mm rod journal crankshaft... and keeping the rods OEM - then yes Bu that is a lot of conditions. Molnar rods are stronger, and a bit lighter, and @ under $500 pretty damn cheap.

Molnar is also the only rod company that has a rod for the smaller 40mm rod journal crank... AND the small end is 20mm to fit whatever piston you'd like......

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
12-04-2018, 12:07 AM
Performance parts
ah, forgot I asked this question. MPR, battelgarage and RHD I have looked at and all that I really got. I'll have a look at real street etc.

I'm wanting to put the 16v to work so while the engine is apart I might as well go for a forge option. Gives me more scope to run mild power or kick the arse out of it.

currently 42mm crank I have but still need to get them inspected to see if they are fine.
12-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Performance parts
What about Toda adjustable cam gears? Does anyone knows if they are available somewhere in Europe maybe?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Performance parts]

Follow: The story of my AE86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Performance parts
There are a few importers but very few carry stuff like this in stock so you might as well get it yourself.
I personally used perfectrun.jp a lot. You can also send them an email for stuff not listed in the shop, if it's from Japan they most likely can get it.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
12-12-2018, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 08:46 AM by d3nso.)
Performance parts
If you need stuff specific from Japan you can shoot Robert from EPImporters/EtsuRyu a mail with what you need:

https://www.etsuryu.com

I used his service serval times in the past and can fully recommend his business Smile

Daily Beater: Civic EG5
Work in progress Car: AE86
12-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Performance parts
Are they (EtsuRyu and perfectrun) better than RHDJapan? I'm afraid of import taxes that's why I was looking something from European wharehouse.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Performance parts]

Follow: The story of my AE86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weir performance pack 3 4,782 10-20-2016 10:48 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Weir Performance filh 1 4,448 06-05-2015 10:33 AM
Last Post: Bean
  [Info] - Team Caetano Racing website - Performance parts Rasteirinho 4 5,754 11-18-2011 11:06 PM
Last Post: Rasteirinho