Parrot's Sprinter & Levin shed
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM
How come you put the dust covers back on? Ive just taken mine off cos they were so bent up but i threw them away thinking they were no good. They were no good though! Unsalvagable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Required over here as part of our engineering process. As AE86's never came out in Australia with 4AGE's (only 4AC's) Legally you need to have the car examined by an authorised engineer prior to registration as a conversion. Dust shields are a requirement along with assorted other bits and bobs.
Find all posts by this user
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
No change in pace but we are getting there. All the interior is back in except for front seats. Have finally finished wiring in the foglights, thermo fan, and horn. Doing my best to keep things looking as factory as possible. Have turned my oil cooler the right way up i.e. not upside down (thanks Thanh for giving me the push). Replaced the fusible link block at the battery positive terminal with one out of an AE93, as mine was all cracked and the lid missing. Has the same rated fusible links in the same place. Nice and neat. Today I finally rebuilt the front calipers, and now need to get on to the rears, though they look a bit more complicated.

Have now complicated things for myself however as I now have another project to put all my spare AE86/4AGE bits in! This one (KE25) will be a dedicated club racing car as I don't think I could bring myself to thrash the AE86 on the track now. A lot lighter too.
12-22-2007, 02:35 PM
My T3 RCA's and traction brackets arrived this week. Those traction brackets are serious bits of steel, unlike the cheapo ones often on ebay.

Picked up my other project today, but doubt I will do anything with it for a good long while.

[img name=]http://www.aeu86.org/files/im/im000516_835.jpg[/img]

Will give me plenty of time to decide whether to put my AE86 stuff in or if I should locate a 2TG instead.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Did you have to wait long for the T3 traction brackets? I paid for mine, then 3-4 weeks later I contacted them only to be told they hadn't even made them? One day I will maybe have rear suspension.
Im pretty impatient anyway when it comes to waitng on car parts in the mail, but this is driving me nuts! Banging head
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2007, 02:18 AM
No they arrived after about 2 1/2 weeks. And they come via registered post by the way. I specifically asked for mine to come in steel rather than painted red and I will be painting them black, otherwise they stand out like dogs balls.
12-23-2007, 02:25 AM
oooh, nice a KE25! Big Grin

KE2*'s rock! It's about time im starting on mine Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
06-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Home with the dreaded swine flu (at least it seems like it) so good chance to sit on the web all day. So what has been happening? Not much actual work.

As for my KE25 shell

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Parrot's Sprinter & Levin shed]
Shot with DSC-W35 at 2009-06-15

Currently looks like this! Was to be my next project and I have been sourcing all the various bits to turn it into a 3TG TE27, again with everything factory. Have virtually everything I need now, such as engine / gearbox crossmembers, transmission tunnel console, dash cluster, gauge clusters, master cylinder setups, pedal box, engines and gearboxes, badges and exterior trim. Main task recently has been roofing over the storage area. We never got TE2x's in Australia, so everything has to sourced from overseas.

However everything has been tossed up in the air as I recently acquired this, which will become my first priority once the AE86 gets out of the garage.:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Parrot's Sprinter & Levin shed]

Was a great surprise when this became available, and I have always wanted one after helping a mate who used to race one with a 4AGE. After extending my roof over it, plans for it include some fairly minor rust repair (mainly surface rust) and an engine rebuild. Had been laid up for a few years before it resurfaced. This car is well documented in this http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=29498 thread.

One other slight possibility is that I have located another one owner KE25 2 speed auto nearby owned by an elderly lady that has always been garaged etc and is immaculate. She doesn't want to sell it yet, but by the time I am ready to do the TE27, it may have fallen into my clutches! Anyway, time will tell.

Why my love affair with Corolla's? This is me, many years ago.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Parrot's Sprinter & Levin shed] [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Parrot's Sprinter & Levin shed]
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
luv those pics Thumbs up!

Philip
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Haha pure class man! Thumbs up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid to fossil burner - 84 Sprinter Trueno dasilva 31 22,154 12-23-2019 05:29 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Toyota Sprinter AE86 GT-Apex Trueno Skyracer 222 254,590 08-13-2016 12:46 PM
Last Post: Skyracer
  JDMitch's 1983 Sprinter Trueno AE86 Panda JDMitch 24 32,407 09-01-2010 11:37 AM
Last Post: nunoturbo
  Project **4JAMEZ**, Toyota Trueno Sprinter. James 11 13,745 05-01-2009 01:41 AM
Last Post: James
  RC Sprinter Trueno BackwardDrift 11 17,184 02-15-2007 10:08 AM
Last Post: Mux213