Overclocking ECU
09-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Overclocking ECU
Yeah, I know, it's been told several times at several forums that its not the best way to raise the revlimiter.. And yes it changes all the other things like ignition and injectors aswell..but ! I had (have) a good working emanage in my car, and now I only miss a little more RPM.. I wont go MS only because of this.. I have smallport with ae111 itb's and 272 hks cams. I'd like to set it up to 8500 or 8800..
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Overclocking ECU
I was under the impression that the emanage could alter the rev limit too by sending a lower signal... but could be mistaken - I personaly never was a fan of piggyback units.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Overclocking ECU
I think that the blue one doesn't do it. You need the Ultimate one.
It catches the rpm signal near the rev limiter and keep the ecu thinking it is at that rpm. Then emanage takes over and adjust everything.

ZDoman, if you try it, let us know...and if your ecu gets damaged, i need the plug Yummie!

Japan 4 Ever
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Overclocking ECU
ZDoman, I have pulled my ECU apart going to give it a go this week. Currently the car revs to 7600RPM and I am wanting to raise it to around 8500RPM, that an increase of around 12% so im gonna try running a 4.4 or 4.5mhZ crystal which luckily enough is a standard size
09-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Overclocking ECU
mms Wrote:ZDoman, I have pulled my ECU apart going to give it a go this week. Currently the car revs to 7600RPM and I am wanting to raise it to around 8500RPM, that an increase of around 12% so im gonna try running a 4.4 or 4.5mhZ crystal which luckily enough is a standard size

if this thing work right.
please said us where you buy your cristal thing Wink

SR Team
BURN THE RUBER NOT YOUR SOUL!
09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Overclocking ECU
I'm planning to buy a thing like this:

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/product_t...on_cdi_box

This 'magnumtuning' is a hungarian company, on their hungarian site this thing cost a lot less, (around 2/3 price).
I personally hate this company, because of their marketing sh$t but this product is a good idea for me..
This thing catches your ECU's freqency and then you can set the rpm limiter in small steps.. up to 20%