Overclocking ECU
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Overclocking ECU
Has anyone on here ever overclocked the ECU in a 4age, and if so what is the standard frequency for the clock speed?
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Overclocking ECU
What is the point if I may be so bold to ask?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Overclocking ECU
lol you think the car is going to be faster?????? Banging head

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Overclocking ECU
Depends on what your ECU is running on: Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon :wink: Sorry mate, but I didnĀ“t get the question Dumb question

AE86 Full Hybrid - Burns rubber and gasoline
09-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Overclocking ECU
he knows what he wants to ask Wink

it runs on 4MHz, I tried 4,3MHz from an old video tape LOL, but it turned to be too much.

For the others: if you change the base clock frequency crystal in the ECU you can raise the rev limiter.
09-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Overclocking ECU
With all respects ZDo, but that really sounds unlikely and not like a good way to change the revlimit.
I dunno what method the ECU uses to measure RPM, but if it is altered by clock freq then it is very likely that other things will change with it, and that would give unpredictable results in the engine management.

If you're really interested in changing the inner workings of the OEM ECU then I'd suggest contacting the guys that have done the research (r.hellenbrand for example).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Overclocking ECU
Why are we still using the stock ECU? The stock ECU is dumb... DUMB! It thinks you have 10 to 1 or less(9.4 in most markets), it knows you have 240(204) duration cams that only twist to 6600 or so...

It is one thing to work inside the curve of the stock ECU...by adding a step or 2 in cams and bumping fuel pressure to match the mild cam bump, but if you have cams that need a higher rpm limit, and you have modified everything else as well.... modifying the stock ecu is now really dumb with all the GENUINE options out there.

Even MS is a better option for performance mods then going with some modified ECU... at least with aftermarket stuff you can change it, or adjust it.

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
09-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Overclocking ECU
cheers ZDoman its nice to get an answer to my question. I was thinking of using a 4.4, I think there found in televisions!

As for raising the rev limit Ive got cams and they kick in higher up the revs. I Know the map messes with the timing but if it doesnt work out ill stick in the standard brain.
09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Overclocking ECU
By changing a crystal it can raise the rpm...i suppose it will work for small changes...

Japan 4 Ever
09-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Overclocking ECU
Here a picture from an 4efe ecu

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc270...modECU.jpg

Stock one should be 12Mhz (6600rpm) in the 4efe and a 12,960Mhz should give 7200rpm.

Japan 4 Ever