Old Fashioned
01-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Old Fashioned
Kas, Ivan tnx for the advice!

PetzK: tell me about it! its crazy! Crying Okay i know wher most of the parts go, but some are just out of the context! Confused Luckyly the previous owner was smart enough to put the bolts and parts into boxes and labeled them (i.e. left door, Front suspension..).. i hope i will be able to make it! i have to!
Find all posts by this user
01-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Old Fashioned
Well you can always post any problems you find so we can help you out

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Old Fashioned
hehe! if i wasnt counting on you guyz for help in the first place, i would still be a bit iffy about my hachi Smile
02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Old Fashioned
Update> finnaly found a garage! Hurray! Its a garage where thez build rally cars for our cup.. a little team in our countryu.. it features everything from a lifter, all the air-tools, torque wrenches, welder... im very happy! imma start building next week! hurray!

Now, where do i start? Do you have any wise words for me b4 i go and do it wrong? What should i look out for, how to begin etc..

Tnx!

bbye.
02-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Old Fashioned
Ehm..how far apart is the car?...If it's a bare chassis get the suspension on there first, if it rolls, worry about getting the engine in place and doing up the wiring + dashboard. Suspension + engine & controls (pedals + cables, steering) are your first concern.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
02-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Old Fashioned
Hey Apolan,

That is good new man!

Like Ivan said but I need to add a bit of advise from my perspective. Indeed post up some pictures to show us how the car is at the moment and whats happened to it. Offcourse you can start building her up but if she is mostly taken appart there is no time like the present to do any body work that is required.

If the pictures at the start of this thread are anything to go by it looks like most of the car is still in one piece. You need to make a choice then, whether to take her appart, clean her up, and put her back together, or just continue the build. It all depends how much the previous owner has done to her. So more pictures pleaseSmile If you plan to take her appart first and the current condition allows it, make sure to first start her up and drive her a bit, even if its on a parkinglot with all the bits that aren't put together out of the car. This will give you a good idea what other things you'll need to be taking care off.

Start with the body work, regardless of taking her appart (although it is easier that way, just a whole lot of work). Make sure she's rustfree, fix anything questionable. I didn't have to take my car appart to get the things done to mine, but that may not apply to yours.
One thing I do advise you is take as much of the interiour out as you can, so seats and side moldings and such. First it will reveal problems, but also it makes it so much easier to work on the car when there is nothing in your way. It takes an hour or so to get everything out and just as much time to put it back in later on.

If the body work is in order then doing the suspention and steering first is a must. This will make the car a rolling chassis. Having the car rolling has obvious advantages as you can move the car around, put it on the lift, etc. If you are planning suspention upgrades make a choice which things you can do now or later. Bushings obviously have priority if things are appart anyways, else you just have to undo all that you do now. But if you are planning aftermarket springs or shocks, that you can do at the end aswell keeping her on the stock stuff first. All depends what you already have ordered or what you are still waiting for.

After suspention the engine should be next. Get her purring again, with the engine and suspention in you can drive the car around a bit againSmile
Then its just a question of putting all the missing bits back onto the car.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Old Fashioned
Well acctually the car-s like this..

the chasiss (one piece)
engine (one piece)
trans. (one piece)
everything else is in boxes..

So the chassis is stripped out totally, only the front suspension is up, and the rear axle.. still have to put up the rear control arms and both stabilisers.. as said before everything else is in pieces.. so i could do work on the parts b4 i put them up, but im really anxious to get her together as soon as posible.. and first its gonna be stock.. i dont think i can really appreciate the preformance upgrades, if i dont know what difference they make.. although i would like to have new brake hoses, filters, plugs and stuff like that.. but preety much stock..

ill do the "tunning" later (when i acctually need it..) Smile

Tnx 4 the hlp!

pis aut!

SAso
04-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Old Fashioned
Well a biig update yestaerday! That garage actually took a bit longer to get emptied.. but now i finally have it! I picked up the car from the previous owner yesterday, payed for the rest of the car, and now she is all mine!!! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

some pics are here:
http://tabla.xenya.si/gallery/ae86saso

its begginning! finally! i just have to bring the rest of the puzzle set to the garage, and than its really gonna be on!

Expect many questions to come.. Blush

well spent enough time on the net, gotta go start preping for the buildup! cu!

PS> moderators (banpei?) can you or somebody else move this topic to projects section?

Sankyu!
04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Old Fashioned
Congrats Apolan, this is a brand new world to discover :-)
Hachi-mania begins !
04-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Old Fashioned
Congratulations man....let the puzzle commence!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,504 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 57,955 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 53,171 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon