I'm happy for you...

Hurray! Hurray!

Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Andrej
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Old Fashioned
Nice to hear that, see you on mobikrog drift days!!! Wink

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Old Fashioned
Apolan, good show!!, Good luck with the buildup, give us LOADS of pictures!Smile

Your topic has been movedSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Old Fashioned
Whoa! Good news. Smile
Good luck with the puzzle. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned]
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Old Fashioned
Damn apolan hurry up take 4 weeks of instead of holiday and start building.

Use the manuals postet in media sections its the complete car if you mmiss items please come to us we got plenty :-P
somethings i would buy new like front inner wheel trim plastic covers. (plastic has a substance without it it cracks) it worns out so thats why make it look like new you got the chassis now the rest

disamble the engine and rebuild it Tongue

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Old Fashioned
couple of things i have encountered during my prep..

alternator housing is cracked a bit.. less than a mm wide crack, about 3 cms.. how bad is that?

what sort of plug wires should i buy?? and what plugs?

i do have a new oil filter and new timing belt already, but i wanna nknow is it necessary to buy new tensioner as well?

another thing.. it says on the cover of the brake fluid dish "only se dot 3".. can i use like dot4? because i was gonnna go on mobikrog (/track) and race a bit..

the first plan now is to sand down the entire under carriage and spray it with a tar-like paint.. supposed to be good for protection.. so when my undercarriage looks like new, i also want to use brand new bolts and screws.. do they have to be very strong, or very very strong? is 8/8 strong enough? or do i ned something cary like 10/10?

also need new brake lines (front rubber)..

what else should i get new?

tnx. Apolan
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Old Fashioned
My alternator husing is cracked too, and he is working just fine.

Buy a new tensioner, it is not too expensive, about 43 € in Croatia, Toyo

You can use DOT 4, they are almost the same, DOT 5 is diferent. DOT 3 was used before DOT 4

About bolts, here in Croatia you can't buy regulaty bolts stronger than 8.8 . If you find stronger, use it, if not, use old bolts. They are 10.2 or something. I can tel that I notoiced diference betven these two tipes.
8.8 you can break, but 10.2 you can't.

Brake lines you can order custom made here in Croatia. If you intersted, let me know.

1984 AE 86 Levin hatchback
1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

CROATIA - small country for great drift
04-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Old Fashioned
Better weld this crack. It will continue to cracking - I suppose :-(
About the sparks - use NGK or DENSO - the dealers should advice you - they have reference tables for different models.
About brake fluid - you can use DOT3, 4, 5.1 (not 5). Bigger number=better fluid - all these are compatible.
Brake lines (rubber) - I heard that you can substute it with Fiat Uno ones - but I didn't check it yet. Instead try to use Toyota ones.
About tensioneer - check yours and decide.
About bolts and screws - SAE5/metric 8(8.Cool is enough. 10 is better.

Renew distributor cap and ignition wires also, air filter element, change oil in gears and rear end, brake fluid in clutch line, flush and refill coolant, if possible - change oil in steering rack also.
04-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Old Fashioned
FYI:
ARP bolts are ~10% stronger than 10.2 grade ones.
04-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Old Fashioned
Wow tnx alot people! I checked the bolts today, and stock look really good! almost no rust! so il just clean them up a bit with a Röst-KO..

Kas: yes i would like to have those brake lines, how much are they?

well todays update.. i have finally finished twidling with that fiat uno turbo (funny i havent noticed the brake lines..).. so today i've put her on the lift, and stripped the few parts that were already on.. the whole front bridge, with all arms. i've also put down the rear axle and lower trailing arms. i've checked the diff.. i think i do have LSD.. if i turn one wheel, the other turns a bit after too, and if i turn it in the other direction it slowly stops turning and starts turning in the other direction. is that LSD or what?

well i have still yet to decide should i put in urethane bushings or should i put in new rubber ones.. therz a company here (Vargalant) that does that quite cheaply.. at the moment i am leaning towards the rubber ones, since most of my driving will be on the street.. occasional trackdays.. i also want to bring this car as close as possible to original state that it was in when it left the factory... thre will be time to put in prothane later.. what do you think?

all arms, bridge everything will be sanded and scrubed and painted. hopefully all this will happen in the next 2 or 3 days, so my undercariage will be complete, and i can move on to brakes and pedals, sterring etc..

oh btw.. should i chane the water pump also as the engine did not run for 6 yrs?

lp!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,643 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 58,409 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 53,528 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon