Old Fashioned
09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Old Fashioned
cool picture Cool
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Old Fashioned
by far the sexiest car on the parking lot if you ask me Big Grin okay my neighbours 405 T16 in the top left aint that bad either..Big Grin
09-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Old Fashioned
The i30 is also cool... Tongue

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Old Fashioned
The camera the picture was taken with is certainly old-fashioned Tongue

Car looks good Apolan.. are you driving the thing now?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Old Fashioned
Man time sure flies! Exactly 1 year ago the car was "almost" finished, the suspension was put together, engine rebuilt and returned to enginebay (longblock). All it needed was to finish the engine, and finetune the suspension, alignment, brakes, clutch etc. With the return of the car from the garage september arived and so did the work, beeing too busy (or lazyConfused) i let it sit in the parking lot for 1 year. Now two or three weeks of work almost everything got sorted out.

The engine seems to run fine, its got good oilpressure, engine warms up okay, no unpleasant noises aside from the valvetrain (i guess i need to adjust the shims), and seems to rev up nicely (didnt push it yet past 5k as it is fresh rebuild).

The brakes have been blead and seem to work fine, just need to break-in alittle as the discs are new. The alignment hasnt been done yet, as im still waiting for a new steering rack from Markus and i also ordered new inner tierods.

And finally i have a somewhat proper exhaust (one that doesnt leak and is decently quiet). I'll put up some better pictures/vids later..

So i am test driving the car alittle, i made 25 kmsBig Grin It feels preety sloppy atm as everything is new and not broken in yet. And also the alignment is way off (2 degrees diference in caster L-RBig Grin) And i already see that something has to be done with the differential as the noises coming out are preety unhealthy. It doesnt sound just like bearing problems (whineing), but like putting a cardboard piece on your bycicle and riding it. So it might be cwp issue..

Now im just waiting for that steering rack and tierods (might even manufacture a spacer to put in between for alitle more lock (advice? pros-cons?), than getting that alignment and the dreaded MOT. Than hopefully the car will be a solid runner and i can finally flollow the Mux's "1 weekend job" principle. I just want to drive the thingBig Grin

Projecto hachiworku:
-rebuilt engine (oem, all new bearings, pistonrings, seals)
-new shocks TokicoHP blue
-new Apex springs (that seem to lower the car no more then a cm or so?)
-new polyur. bushing set form Prothane
-oem 14' Intra wheels
-rebuilt calipers and new brake lines
-new discs
-new handbrake cables
-new "homemade" exhaust from a local exhaust guy
-shifter rebuild kit
-new 55aH battery
-waiting for a smooth steering rack with new tierods

after mot:
-differential overhaul (i already have the oem LSD rebuild kit)
-decent brake pads front an rear
-interior bits (fitting Bride bucket, nardi classic 36cm, 4 point belts)
-fixing all the little flaws like the leaking sunroof, boot etc..

What i can say for now is that car is pretty firm! Alot more than i expected. that apex/tokico_blue combo wasnt promissing much, but with new bushings its a very firm ride - more than enought for me now. When everything gets sorted out and i can drive it properly i'll write more.

I know my humble project isn't as interesting as some of you guys' awesome cars, but its good for me i think as i havent really driven the car properly yet (or driven a proper car yet Confused ). It wouldnt make sense to me to jump to better modifications - it would be counter productive i think, eventhough its gonna cost more in the end..

Thanks for looking! Thumbs up!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Old Fashioned
Happy birthday buddy!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Old Fashioned
Waa thats a nice surprise, thanks alot man! Smile
09-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Old Fashioned
Happy birthday mate! Cool

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned] http://www.jdmbits.com
09-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Old Fashioned
No idea who you are but!!!.......Happy birthday nonetheless! Thumbs up!
09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Old Fashioned
happy birthday!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,639 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 58,398 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 53,511 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon