Old Fashioned
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Old Fashioned
What about blue..its certainly a more manly color...red is awfully close to pink in the whole spectrum of colours Tongue

Quote:But seriously, a repaint will be due very soon, if i want to preserve this rust free body. Previous owner did a terrible job, mostly because they were so lazy and didnt bother to sand off all the excess filler. so now i have chips flying off at places :/

If you wait a bit (maybe actually drive the car for a while) I might have a solution for your body. I have been busy doing research (read google+interest = research LOL) on rust prevention in the real world (aka for those people who also have to drive through salt ridden roads and don't have a nice heated box for their car to sleep in). Hoping to start a thread on that soon, but not untill I have done it to my car. This is part of my new policy to only make claims that I can substantiate with my own pics..internet seems to work that way..logic is an outdated communication device Smile Its going to be cool though..wild contraptions made out of compressors, vacuum hoses, paint guns, hair dryers and (obviously) a deep frying pan.
Certified to protect the balls in the front as well as those in the back and hard to reach places ;-)

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Old Fashioned
Oh why so misterious NoHachi, i'm dying too know. Big Grin And you can rest assured, i'm all out of money and stripping the car all out just after i'm close to finishing it is a sure way for me to completely loose motivation. Big Grin

Ah yes its been a long road and although too soon to make any conclussions, a couple of things that i've learned along the way..

1. never ever start a project without a garage
2. its gonna take more time
3. make carefull financial calculations - then quadruple it
4. project never really ends
5. prior to purchasing a project car, carefully listen to sellers description - than make a nightmare out of it to get the aproximate picture
6. listen to the guys who've done it before - no, really listen
7. having the heart is the most important thing, yet you need skill too Big Grin

I'll add to this list as i go along im sure Big Grin
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Old Fashioned
NoHachi Wrote:Those plastic covers actually look great on an AE86(seriously!)...I remember a blue one way way back in the day in Denmark...I'll have to try and start my old computer to try and find some pics.

I have some on blue car. :wink:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned]

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Old Fashioned
See! FANTASTIC!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Old Fashioned
You people are rediculous. Though, i'm not sure what is it about hachis that they look so damn cool, when they are so damn fucked up Big Grin

I have already gotten a few battle scars myself too and i havent even driven the car yet. The incidents include classics such as the wooden roof-support-beam falling onto the A-pillar, a green Kia backing up into the rear bumper, cracking it and the all-time favorite, the falling closet full of random items, damaging the rear quarterpanel. Some day, i'll have a proper garage.. Undecided
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Old Fashioned
those are not battle scars Tongue

Philip
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Old Fashioned
Noticed the irony haven't you. :wink:

I have a complaint against this forum tho. Today's my birthday. I have gotten a dosen of happybirthday wishes from other forums, such as driftworks, zilvia even ZaX'es GoDrift forum.. But the one i was waiting for the most, the generic HappyBirthday mail from Aeu has not arrived. Sad

P.A.R.T.Y, Y? Coz i gotta! Big Grin pce outtttttt
09-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Old Fashioned
Hurray! Sretan ti rodjendan!
Or srecen rojstni dan (online translation FTW Dumb question )

Personal congratulations are so much better :wink:

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Old Fashioned
Ha den äran på födelsedagen Apolan! Gratulerar!

Wszystkiego najlepszego Apolan! 100 lat!

Happy birthday. All my best wishes!

Hurray!

Philip
09-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Old Fashioned
Happy Birthday!!!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,613 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 58,386 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 53,479 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon