Old Fashioned
07-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Old Fashioned
Yea shifter is easy, but no too sure about the diff. Eh i'll give it a go Big Grin Need to order some new bearing while at it.

Indeed japanese seem to maintain their cars much better than we do here. Or at least the mechanical aspect of it. Mangled on the outside, purring like a kitten on the inside. Big Grin

As we discussed in the other topic, i'm just afraid that tis car will be a non stop attention whore. Man i've basically replaced every thing that wears out on this car, apart from the transmission. new bushings, new discs, new calipers, new engine, new handbrake cables, new shocks, new springs, soon also new lsd and bearings, and new exhaust. Now this better work or i will be very very OKOTA!
Find all posts by this user
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Old Fashioned
Hachi Wrote:shifter rebuild kit is so easy to apply...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEtmEQaSpE Thumbs up!

only they didn't show that you have to remove plastic below handbrake leaver... but still its easy...

my LSD works fine and i think its never been rebuilted...
ask Zax... he know about LSD-s Smile
i read that he rebuilted hes every month or so...

haha good movie, funny Japanese style Thumbs up!
09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Old Fashioned
Alright finnally finished the entire suspension, brake system, handbrake cables etc.. I cant believe i fucked it up again by pairing the left strut with right topmount and vice versa. It happened twice already, you would think i'd learn by now. So everything underside in place, i've brought the car home - all that is left is to throw in all the ancillaries around the engine (and than tackle numerous smaller tasks, to make it a bit nicer).

edit:

RED POWER! White hachis down! Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Old Fashioned
You need to lower tha car. Some coilovers maybe? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Old Fashioned] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Old Fashioned
FOUND THEM! (look below Big Grin)

No seriously, the car still needs some balancing. I had some 50 kilos worth of random parts in my trunk on that picture. All of the parts that would actually need to be under the hood. So i'm guessing -50kg rear and +50 front will balance the car a bit better towards the front. Also the springs are brand new, so i expect them to sag abit over time. With all that, i believe the look will be close to what i envisioned/expected. Remember that teh previous state of the car was a complete disaster handling-wise, so my goal is not to make a drift/race car, but rather restore and slightly buff up the OEM goodness, so i can start properly enjoying the car. Kinda like a factory sporty version of an AE86.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Old Fashioned
Those plastic covers actually look great on an AE86(seriously!)...I remember a blue one way way back in the day in Denmark...I'll have to try and start my old computer to try and find some pics.

Apolan...dude...your car needs to be lower..and maybe another colour. Red was a bit 2005ish Tongue

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Old Fashioned
i didnt tell you but mine is the same red color as yours...

so tumbs up for red hachies Thumbs up!

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Old Fashioned
Alright people here you have it, the AE86 porffesional said it. Those are some super RARE hubcaps. I have a set of 3, starting bid is 300 eur, they are not mint and sure 1 is missing, but even as a wall ornament i believe thsoe are worth twice that easy! Big Grin

I think the car will sit just right. Any lower than that and i'd need to go shortstroke and also would need some serious dishu to look half decent. I'm quite digging the oem-ish look, kinda like mux's car - before the knife.

Paint? Please, red is so 2012, end of the world brother! It is the alpha and the omega. Only when all of theese minimalistic pastels and perls subside, will you see the new kind of style, one with balls out front, for everybody to take a swing at Big Grin

But seriously, a repaint will be due very soon, if i want to preserve this rust free body. Previous owner did a terrible job, mostly because they were so lazy and didnt bother to sand off all the excess filler. so now i have chips flying off at places :/

Thank you for your interest peepz Thumbs up!
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Old Fashioned
what is the code for that color? Smile I am going to respray mine sooner Smile

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
09-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Old Fashioned
its SCR, "SuperCoolRed" Big Grin No idea mate, the previous owner's done the job. I have no clue where he's gotten it, but as far as red's go, i must say its a very nice shade inded. Its quite bright, but not orangy as many bright red seem to come out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,508 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 57,962 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James
  Jons New [Old Project] JonT 75 53,185 08-08-2005 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blueneon