Thread Closed 
Ok, what does everyone think about these flairs?
09-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I was surfing the german Ebay site for some rims, they have some pretty old scool rims there. Many that have served as the originals for Japanese copies (starsharks anyone?). Im pretty hooked on some Smoor roadsters (deep dish 13x8 3-piece minilites), gotta love that 4x100 boltpattern Evil Think I'll pick up some nice mesh rims as well, two piece Mahle-BBS rims are just to cheap to pass up.
Anyway, I'll stop teasing you guys. What I wanted to share with you is the following: There was an ad there from a company that pulls fenders to accomodate larger wheel sizes. I used to think that this only involved "rolling the lip" and that you could'nt do any real cosmetic work, without bolting on some serious flares. I don't like the idea of that because the method of attachment seems like a rust magnet to me. Dig the look though.
Anyway check out this page: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...67020&rd=1 (sorry it is in German, this is EXACTLY why we need more germans on the board).
That wing is extending out pretty far I'd say! I'm doubting whether this is simply a bolt on wing or whether this would actually be possible? Check out the price as well. 100E for the entire car, cheaper if you turn up with a couple of people: if this is legit then it would be the bargain of the century!
Time for us to do some research....

Also its in Duisburg, so thats not that far away for most people. It's also conveniently located near the Nordschleiffe. So if you needed an extra excuse to undertake the yourney....

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
09-17-2004, 06:56 PM
It seems like they're only advertising ordinary fender rolling. They can even bring the rolling machine to you, that doesnt sound like anything complicated enough to flare out your fenders. Most guys on club4ag go further than rolling and cut the entire lip of the fender. If you dont want wider fenders that's a good way to accomodate wide wheels.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what this plug does? Super86 3 5,512 08-01-2016 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nakilad
  the connector saga (please help everyone) Bean 8 8,403 06-23-2014 01:13 PM
Last Post: Bean
  Are these modded TRD N2 flares? 4000GT 6 17,310 06-21-2014 12:16 AM
Last Post: 4000GT
  What injectors are these? Alex170984 4 5,341 08-05-2013 11:53 AM