Oils For the car
12-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Oils For the car
Very true on the water temp. I'm just saying lots of people often use that gauge as a guide to when they think its time to use the performance of their car. Huh

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Oils For the car]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Oils For the car
thats a second thing the water temp is not that good in hachi caus if yuor engine runs for about 15mins the oil is on temp but its easy to cool down the water temp just turn the heater to hot and full on you'll see it will drop the water temp gauge

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Oils For the car
Robokill...it might be a good time to check your thermostat. I can turn the heater to full power without lowering my water temps.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Oils For the car
Same here, I can put the heater on full and temp stays rock solid..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Oils For the car
What is the normal position for the temp gauge? Mine stays steady at about 40%. Is this normal? I am asking, because there is a problem with my heater. I get almost no heat in the passenger compartment - the air is a little warmer than outside, but very far from warm or hot. I checked the valve, which lets coolant into the heater - it works just fine. Could this be thermostat related?
01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Oils For the car
Fii, that sounds about right (the position that is), but tis strange your heater doesn't work. Maybe the airflow is restricted somehow? dead leaves or something? if little air blows over the heating element it wont warm up..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

01-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Oils For the car
If I turn the fan to max setting I get pretty good air flow, but it is cold. I will try to check for leaves, but I doubt that it could be the problem because the air blows very good, just that it is cold Sad. Maybe some air in the cooling system?
01-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Oils For the car
Fii,

Yeah if the air blows strong it should work fine.

As for air in your system, that would be strange, the design of the system should take care of that. If there would be air in the pipes you will most likely have a much bigger problem. Make sure you fill up your radiator fully with coolent. When coolent expands it pushes the access coolent into your coolent bottle, when the coolent cools down it sucks the coolent back in from the bottle. If there is air in the system when the coolent expands it should push this air into the bottle letting it escape, when the coolent cools down it will suck the coolent from the bottle keeping the system filled, only if the level of coolent in the bottle is to low it will such air back into the system.

Atleast thats how I understand it. If the system is properly filled every time your engine heats up any access air left in the system should escape through the coolent bottle.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

01-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Oils For the car
I think you accuratelly described how cooling system works. Radiator is full and I think the overflow bottle is at decent level as well.

Other strange thing I noticed that there is no pressure in the cooling system when engine is warm. I carefully opened the radiator cap and there were no steam or water escaping from it.
01-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Oils For the car
Fii,

That does not sound very good. I would check if your pump is still working. You either have:
- a broken pump
- a broken thermostat
- a blocked water pipe.

If the coolent gets warm it expands and it should build alot of pressure.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij