Oils For the car
12-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Oils For the car
Ok i have had enough of people screaming about oils etc.

Now adays there are no full miniral oils left.

The 4age has no problems with half or full synthetic oils. (just not good to go from "miniral"oil to full synthetic)

After a rebuild no problem to take a Full synthetic oil from the start.

Simply you can go over to semi synthetic oil.
The thing of CASTROL is the best is bullshit it doens't make the engine run better or whatsoever.

the car runs good with 10w40 but it can even handle 5w40 or 10w50.

Keep your engine in shape by exchanging oil around 10k KM which is great value for the engine don't go over 3.5K rpm with a cold engine (even better 3K)

The oil filter might be better from TRD (no experience with it) The stuff of OEM is bad or OEM is great is also bullshit OEM is just expensive.

Keep your car in shape by whatching belt and oil exchanges its something that costs so little but is so good to replace

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
12-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Oils For the car
there are full minerals availeble, but not in the brezan shop..

go to a classic jaguar garage they are selling full mineral oil.

Toyota Starlet 1994
Mitsubishi Space wagon 2.4 1999

ex Ae86 owner
12-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Oils For the car
10k km an oil change is a bit much don't you think?
12-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Oils For the car
Not if it has no leaking, and you use exelent oil. But with a cheaper oil you should change often......... wich ever suits you :wink:
12-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Oils For the car
On all my cars, I change oil every 7500 km. I think that this is the best km for oil change. 10000 to much, 5000, to little.
My engine is not working for about 2 years, and I buy an Shell, 15 W 40 for start, maybe first 1000 km, and then I'll buy better oil.
Which, I still don't know.

1984 AE 86 Levin hatchback
1989 AE 92 GTi
2004 Kawasaki KLE 500

CROATIA - small country for great drift
12-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Oils For the car
lol every 2500 miles or so, I change it.. usually a K&N oil filter too.

I use shell 10W-30

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Oils For the car
Oilchanges depend much on how you use your car, daily or track beater. It's logical that if you drive only trackdays and hard with the car that you change oil more often, including LSD and gearbox.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Oils For the car]
12-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Oils For the car
When I get a new car I always like to know what oils and other fluids suit it best. I have no idea about the 4AGE engine which is why the people on this forum are so nice to know.

I am like a big sponge ready to soak up hachi knowledge. Thumbs up!

My car isn't really a daily driver as I only drive it for fun. This is usually track or drift practice and fun road driving. I always let the engine fluids warm up to operating temp before using the loud pedal.

One day I would like to install a STACK dashboard system in the car like I have in the westi (easiest way to monitor things in a compact space) as factory gauges dont help with specific temps. I had a defi link system installed in my old P1 and you would be shocked - when the car was reading up to temp on the factory temp gauge the oil was nowhere near ready Huh

I used to change the oil and filter after each trackday with that car and it never missed a beat - but I think it wasn't really required and probably a waste of some $$$.

I think everyone has an opinion of what is best but there is usually a general consensus to go with.

Regards Ian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2004, 12:49 AM
Oils For the car
Ian.G Wrote:One day I would like to install a STACK dashboard system in the car like I have in the westi (easiest way to monitor things in a compact space) as factory gauges dont help with specific temps. I had a defi link system installed in my old P1 and you would be shocked - when the car was reading up to temp on the factory temp gauge the oil was nowhere near ready Huh
Yeah, that is because the factory temp gauge show water temp... The oil takes a lot longer time to get ready.

Loved that oil temp gauge that was in my old clio. I need one for my hachi as well!

12-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Oils For the car
When i bought my Hachi, the previous owner had just changed the oil to some cheap 15W40.. Its thick like grease, so i changed it immediately to Castrol GTX 5W40. Its not a expensive oil, around 50 euro for a 4 litre can, but i have had only good experience with it, on my previous cars. I could really hear the difference in the engine sound and it doesnt use more oil, though its much thinner...

I have a oil temp. gauge here besides me, but its not yet mounted. I have been making an a-pillar pod, but when i started to paint it the damn thing went crazy... It started to make large bubbles and became very ugly Sad 10-15 hours of work out the window..

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo