OIL:)
12-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Ian - Toyota GB is now using French made filters of lesser quality than previously and are selling them under the same part number, but on the box it states "NOT SUITABLE FOR 4AGE ENGINES". They will still sell you this filter and say it is OK, but if Toyota printed that on there, they did it for a reason.

Your engine is a nicely built example. I've got the Nippon Micro filters here for you (waiting till we eventually cross paths) and will post you one if you want one soon. They are what I run on any 4AGE (16v, 20v or GZE) and are A1 quality. Will still be cheaper than the D£ALER$ as well...

Ta

Will
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah and GTX 10W40 will be fine, better (and cheaper) than Magnatec.

As for the coolant, flush it all out good first. Most Toyota hardcore freaks believe in using the Toyota Red coolant mix, though you will be OK with regulare E.G. type (50/50 mix) as long as you check the system regularly and flush and replace every year.

Normally keep them stock, but with your hybrid screamer you may want to uprate/change heat range?

Stock is NGK BCPR6EY11 or Denso Q20R-U11 (the "11" at the end denotes the 1.1mm gap. You can use the same plug with a different end gap code if these aren't in stock, but set the gap to 1.1mm before fitting).
12-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Cheers Will,

Can you do paypal ? I could just send you some loot and a bit extra to cover the postage and stuff.

I want to use whats best for hachi - don't want to pop this engine.

I was going to install a better oil cooler (I've seen a better one with a remote mounted filter - but can't find it again now - may have been trust/greddy)

I'll lift a plug out tomorrow and see whats in now.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - OIL:)]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Ian.G Wrote:(I've seen a better one with a remote mounted filter - but can't find it again now - may have been trust/greddy)

http://www.cardomain.com/item/GRE12013003?vq_id=none

"Sometimes giving up isn't the answer we're looking for, but its the only answer we have"
12-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Ian.G Wrote:Cheers Will,

Can you do paypal ? I could just send you some loot and a bit extra to cover the postage and stuff.

I want to use whats best for hachi - don't want to pop this engine.

I was going to install a better oil cooler (I've seen a better one with a remote mounted filter - but can't find it again now - may have been trust/greddy)

I'll lift a plug out tomorrow and see whats in now.

Yep, Paypal's cool. Postage should be OK on just one - you can have the rest at a drift day when we are both there!! The AE86 is back in action so it won't be long before I am terrorising the tracks again.

MOCAL oil coolers are as good as any... they do a kit for the hachi with remote filter if required, or just find a good hose place and save yourself some money. The MOCAL fittings are top quality though.

I'll be going 235mm wide, 19 row cooler, since 20v oil temps can get high when drifting. I'll run an inline 'stat as well to keep overcooling to a minimum.

PM me about the filter etc - I'm leaving for Dubai tomorrow at 7am so can do nothing until I get back on Jan 1st pm. Hope that's OK?

Ta

Will
12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Just out of interest on the subject of coolent, how rust proof is the cooling system? We swapped the coolent from Ivans car yesterday, stuff comming out was fairly dubiousSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Will,

I will wait till you return - I'm not going to be using the car too much anyway in the next few weeks. I did take her out for a quick play last night - very wet - very slippy on the roads Cool I picked my mate up and on the way home he got to see why hachi can be so much fun Wink

I've started a new thread as this stuff isn't really about oil any more.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - OIL:)]
01-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Recomendation for gears is GL4, for rear end - GL5.
I purchase Redline LSD oil from USA at under $7/l (shipping excluded) - so the Redline oils are not so expensive !
At the moment Toyota dealers sell Valvoline oils (in the past - Castrol !). 1l LSD mineral oil 80W90 is ~6.5 EU - not expensive too !
I found the MOTUL dealer at the Sofia and prefer to use MOTUL products.
PS: Prefer to use 10W30 instead of 10W50 - narrower will perform better (if your climate will not fluctuate) !
01-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Engine - Castrol RS 0w40 - full synt. - 0w is good for winter period cold starts. 0w40 is the same as 10w40 at 100C.

Tranny - Castrol mineral oil. Next change will be with full synt.

Diff - Redline LSD Oil - supplied by Jamiemirror.

AE86 GTS '84 Red Top
04-06-2005, 10:33 PM
[edited into english]
I use Kroon oil (dutch brand) 10w40 semi synthetic. http://www.kroon-oil.com/nl/producten/pr...=69&m=desc Havent had any oil consumption since.

Ik gebruik een Kroon olie 10w 40 semi syntheet. http://www.kroon-oil.com/nl/producten/pr...=69&m=desc
sinds ik die gebruik heb ik zero verbruik.

kosta:groot inkoper 5 liter a:15 euro in kannen van 5 ltr Tongue

dan kan je iid wat meer verversen Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trans oil, lsd oil change Apolan 9 15,912 10-01-2014 03:57 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  Oil cooler -> low oil pressure Jan Pedersen 24 28,236 06-06-2013 07:36 PM
Last Post: Deuce Cam
  4AGE crankcase gas and oil pressure too high, sprinking oil demogun 5 7,024 10-01-2011 09:47 AM
Last Post: demogun
  Oil Presure and what oil i have to use? CHACAMAN 4 4,917 08-27-2008 05:35 AM
Last Post: F0Bman
  High engine oil temps - oil cooler discussion SutteR 28 20,846 06-08-2008 11:23 PM
Last Post: eight-six