OEM lsd rebuild kit and exterior parts
09-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Hi, I have a Levin hatchback from 84` with 124hp and a factory LSD. I want to order from here: http://www.weirperformance.com/maxgriplsdkits.html; now what is the difference from Toyota Corolla AE86 GTS-all kit and the AE86 Corolla GTS TRD MAXGRIP kit? AND if I buy a spool, wich one should I get: GTS Corolla 6.7” Zenki axle or GTS Corolla Weir Performance 30mm Axles? If i install the spool are there any problems in the future(transmission problems etc.) different from the LSD? I am asking this thinking that some of you also went trough this, and I`d like to know some opinions before buying something. I would like to find out how often do I have to change the diff oil and what grade to use and capacity after the rebuild. I also have some problems with the exterior of the car for the moment, are there any tuning headlights, I have found on ebay some tuning taillights for the hatchback that are cheaper than the original ones. Also I would be interested in some clear front bumper signals, they would look nice I think. Yummie!
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Difference between GTS and TRD clutch plates is that one is for the OEM lsd and the other for a TRD lsd. I wouldnt recommend a spool if your car is used on the street.
There are no tuning headlights for the Levin AFAIK. Those I've seen in pictures look like DIY jobs to me.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi, to take advantage of the post:

i'm going to rebuild a OEM LSD, and i was looking this "Weir P. MAXGRIP LSD Kit"

Someone has installed it and can tell his impressions compared to OEM? (durability, behavior, etc)

I'll use it for dayli and ocassional drift

Thanks

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - OEM lsd rebuild kit and exterior parts]
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
If your going to take apart the diff to fit new clutchplates you might as well save up for a decent aftermarket LSD. You can increase the locking action of the OEM LSD, but it is notoriously weak and many of them break when abused.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:There are no tuning headlights for the Levin AFAIK. Those I've seen in pictures look like DIY jobs to me.

I think he meant rear lights, taillights, there are some LED/smoked tuning/styling ones on ebgay.

Front, headlights, no.
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:If your going to take apart the diff to fit new clutchplates you might as well save up for a decent aftermarket LSD. You can increase the locking action of the OEM LSD, but it is notoriously weak and many of them break when abused.

Then, will be better to buy the OEM rebuild kit, not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetop Engine Rebuild multiple question Goal 150-160hp Hanzo 16 7,486 04-19-2021 10:08 PM
Last Post: Hanzo
  Rear Differential rebuild chenfon 10 7,203 11-20-2020 12:18 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  AE86 4A-GE 16v engine harness rebuild FanIsHere 7 8,531 01-17-2020 08:04 PM
Last Post: Project D
  Rear Caliper Rebuild mad.matt 16 15,118 01-19-2017 02:19 PM
Last Post: Project D
  Rebuild rear disc brakes toyota crown ms112 axle bozu 0 3,500 12-21-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: bozu