Nz Style in Australia
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Nz Style in Australia
Little update, nothing has actually happened to the car just took a few pics.. after seeing the side of that car thats still black sitting in the rain, i think black bumpers suits it better.. theres just something not right about it, cant put my finger on it yet..

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Nz Style in Australia]

the black side from the rear

daily decided to die on the way to work on sunday.. has never felt reliable since i bought it, always nana'd it but guess it finally gave up.. just under 320,000ks, had to call a tow truck as was paranoid leaving it on the motorway while i was working

so today, not having much choice in the matter, i sat my q ride, 8 hour course checking competency in motorbike control, passed it so now legal to ride my bike. i learnt a lot, i knew nothing about bikes except that they go fast and it's an easy way to die, feel a bit more schooled now

i sold the mk ii and picked up these re-barreled enkei easy riders..

i took a photo of my wheels lined up, wish i still had the mk ii for this photo

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Nz Style in Australia].

That's all for now, thanks for reading! Smile

slpery.wordpress.com
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Nz Style in Australia
Nice cars and wheel collection mate :-)
11-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Nz Style in Australia
Thanks! Just wish I didn't work so much so I had time to play with them.. I will change job next year

slpery.wordpress.com
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Nz Style in Australia
Nice car and even nicer wheels Smile

slpery86 Wrote:...with 390Nm torque to 8500rpm.

typo or black magic?

PS: black bumpers for me.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Nz Style in Australia
Maybe black magic! I bought the engine from a kp61 race car, those were the numbers in the advertisement and also on this video of it being dyno tuned, but beware, he used a bad camera and the sound distorts a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3zAEjoTgcc

Thanks for the kind words Smile I really want to see what this engine is like, but I first have.to ship it to Australia from New Zealand, then buy rwd water setup, dizzy cover and plate to run coilpacks, ignitor, coils and then get it dyno tuned because the type of petrol it was tuned on isn't available in Australia.. I simply don't have the time to do this so the engine is sitting in storage, such a waste Sad Sad

slpery.wordpress.com
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Nz Style in Australia
slpery86 Wrote:Maybe black magic! I bought the engine from a kp61 race car, those were the numbers in the advertisement and also on this video of it being dyno tuned, but beware, he used a bad camera and the sound distorts a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3zAEjoTgcc

Thanks for the kind words Smile I really want to see what this engine is like, but I first have.to ship it to Australia from New Zealand, then buy rwd water setup, dizzy cover and plate to run coilpacks, ignitor, coils and then get it dyno tuned because the type of petrol it was tuned on isn't available in Australia.. I simply don't have the time to do this so the engine is sitting in storage, such a waste Sad Sad

I say the torque figure is bogus. Considering that torque figure you would expect from a 2l turbocharched engine tuned to 350+ hp and torque being fully tied to hp by math.

Just a quick calculation:
175whp*5252/8500=108lbft ; 1.36*108lbft=~147NM@8500rpm
doesn't mean you can't put down 390Nm but certainly not in 4th (1:1) gear with a 4-4.5ish final gear.

Non the less I think this will be a nice egine especially after the modifications you intend to put on.

I know your feeling about needing stuff shipped around. I currently live in Sudan and it took me 1 year to get a spare engine here to build, as nothing was available locally.

Good luck and keep up the spirit.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Nz Style in Australia
thank you for the kind words, it may be hard but its worth it in the end!

i havent been very active as work has been excessively busy coming into summer, there is no time to do anything lately~!

basically all i have done is bought more parts and painted the rear bumper white to get a full look, here is how it looks

and a one piece 'meister' brand fibreglass hatch with trd wing from japan

i know it would look better with no side mouldings but i havent decided 100% that its staying white so i havent removed them.. i do like it all white, but i also like it black too

im not driving the car anymore so theres no rush!

i hope i can get the engine over sometime soon.. i am considering selling the standard one that i was planning on converting to trueno and just buying a trueno from japan.. although i like building cars and making them look good it would be much cheaper to just buy one from japan

bit of a shame if i decide to do this though as i already have

trueno headlights, guards, bumper, lip, eye lids, grille bracket, grille, badge, bonnets on its way from japan now, brown dash, digital dash cluster, have full zenki digi dash trueno loom and fuel sender, so i have all the parts now.. we will see what happens Smile

as much as i love riding my motorbike i really miss driving my ae86.. police are too harsh here that i cant afford the risk as im a driver for a job and i dont have many points left.. being pulled over once would cost me my licence Sad

anyway, thanks for reading!

slpery.wordpress.com
01-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Nz Style in Australia
time to get serious!

i sold the standard sprinter.. quite a few reasons behind it, farewell!

so now im down to one.. decided to stop being so precious and actually use the car on track.. ive accepted you cant have a decent car on the roads in australia due to the police and the laws

so next money will be spent getting it ready for track driving.. once i sell some wheels i will use that money to go back to nz and box up my 20v, had it far too long for it to be just sitting there.. then will buy all rwd conversion bits, prolly new ecu (autronic), will bring over my jap fuel tank, jap driveshaft, t50, 2 way dif head and lsd axles, other few bits and pieces, whatever i can fit in the box really.. then can get started on the conversion..

anyway, last thing i bought was proper suspension.. cut springs were only temporary

have strut braces, sway bars, empty t series (with brakes) and jap front brakes on order, will replace all bushes, maybe some longer lcas and should be pretty set really! will need bucket seat at some point too as jap gtv zenki blue seems impossible to find

work has been so so so so so busy lately.. i worked 45 days straight, then i had a day off, so i did this

no skirts

skirts

and back to its resting grounds

didnt have time to do the rear bumper, the black paint under the white paint has black paint under it, and its taking so long to get off.. so no pics of black bumpers with trd wing which is what i really wanted to see!

but next time i have time, ill keep at it and paint it up..

so yeah, keeping it black, will stop playing around with the way it looks, put greddy suspension in, slam it more (its too high!), get wheels sprayed silver properly, get it 4age'd

thats the plan!

slpery.wordpress.com
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Nz Style in Australia
Great looking hachi! Thumbs up!
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Nz Style in Australia
Looks much better with black bumpers. :wink:

ハチロク

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my new TE71 driftcar motorFIX style VH45!!! jasper 63 62,630 06-09-2013 01:03 AM
Last Post: jasper
  1986 Corolla SR5 S2k Build.... MIami style geoscranny84 16 21,272 04-26-2012 08:00 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  Craigs Ae86 project Australia nightdevil 101 80,876 07-09-2007 07:57 AM
Last Post: matt mead