Nr. 3 is running!
09-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Nr. 3 is running!
What a wonderful day!

Today I've been working on my 3rd coupe, the one I bought 1,5 month ago. At that time the car hadn't been moved for over 2years, so I really didn't know anything about the engine, gearbox or drivetrain.

When I got the car home (on a transporter, obviously) I started to look what work was to be done to get it running again. First of all I reinstalled some parts of the ignition system which the former owner (a Toyota-mechanic) had removed. After I put a battery in the car, the car would start, but the engine did not come to life again. When I found out the sparkplugs were actually sparking, I started to look at the fuel system. And yes, when I disconnected the fuel-line from the fuel-pipe and tried to start, there was absolutely no fuel coming out of it. So the fuel pump was the problem! Even when I gave it a direct 12v, it wouldn't work. Unfortunately you have to take the tank from under the car to take the fuel pump out, which is quite some work since you have to do it lying under it. When I had removed the pump out of the tank, I tried again to give it a direct 12v, and this time it started to work! Huh So I decided to try once more to get the car working with this fuelpump. Having reinstalled the pump in the tank and the tank under the car, the old problem seemed to be back again: No fuel coming out of the fuel-line! Angry But as with most things in life: Violence works! Evil After several friendly "taps" on the tank it started working. And when I reconnected the fuel line to the fuel pipe, it started! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tonight I've driven it, and it runs great! It's running smoothly....and powerful! Big Grin I guess the next step to get this car on the street again is working on the brakes. Now I've got a pedal in the car to make the car turn left........

Why motorsports? Because other sports require only one ball!
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Nr. 3 is running!
cooool - pics please

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Nr. 3 is running!
Hey Jesse,

Ah now I get your email, you got 2 red cars now, I thought your first one had suddenly broken downSmile

Cool to hear another AE is runningSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
09-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Nr. 3 is running!
The left one! :wink:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Nr. 3 is running!
Man you got to many cool carsSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Nr. 3 is running!
Aaah nice! Smile

When will you buy the fourth one? Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Nr. 3 is running!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Nr. 3 is running!
Make me an offer I can't refuse, and I will! Evil

09-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Nr. 3 is running!
Jesse,

Hey dont make poor banpei scared, he wants to know that there are still some hachi's for sale when he's got money to buy oneWink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senna's 86 running again! senna 10 8,274 06-29-2005 02:28 PM
Last Post: Ivan141