Newera Imports AE86 Project - 1st Trackday, Tsukuba, Japan.
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
You and me both. My friend said, japan is soo dangerous, thay have Jakuza and shit.. Cmooon, show me a Jakuza who wants to steall a 15 year old JVC casette player. Or perhaps he will be tempted by some of my other priceless objects that i keep in my car like my one of a kind dirty work gloves, or perheps a unique size 17 wrench... Angry

yes i have had my car broken into 3 weeks ago. I should have written a message on my side glass: "car has no engine, please dont break in"
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2005, 04:57 AM
i had a car stolen from by my house,thing is it was a rusty piece a thing Sad i miss it..anyhoo back on topic
12-07-2005, 11:54 AM
For those who are interested, here's the full spec. so far:

Engine: Base engine – Late model AE92’s 4A-GE engine.
Cylinder head and piston surfaces gas flowed. Inlet valves 3 angle cut, Exhaust 2 angle cut. Head skimmed. N2 Racing TRD Valve Springs, Toyota Yaris 1 piece bucket shims, Tomei Power Procams of 304° Duration with 11.0m m lift. Valve timing: IN ATDC102°, EX BTDC104°. TRD Head Gasket 0.8mm, 82mm diameter Techno Pro Spirits racing pistons, AE101 conrods machined, lightened and balanced with oil hole processing, AE111 crankshaft with journal surface mirror polished, TRD bearings, (0.054 mm of connecting rod bearing clearances &(0.060 mm of crankshaft bearing clearance). Machined AE92 oil pump with 3mm shim to enhance hydraulic pressure, Techno Pro Spirits uprated and (10mm) lowered engine and gearbox mounts, AE101 throttle bodies with 70mm bells (No. 4 is cut to clear the brake servo), 327cc Denso injectors, SW20 GT-S fuel pump, Freedom ECU. Compression Ratio 11.5:1. Power: 197 bhp @ 8,600 rpm. Rev limit set at 9,250 rpm. Twin left side Cam covers refinished in Cackle paint, Jubiride lightweight alloy pulleys, TRD comp. spec. ignition leads, Techno Pro Spirits custom equal length 4 into 1 stainless manifold, stainless catalyst replacement pipe, Toda Power 60mm bore 2 silencer stainless racing exhaust. Grex/Trust 13 row oil cooler – complete with custom carbon fibre shrouding & remote oil filter housing. Greddy alloy top hose, 3 x normal capacity Oshumi racing radiator, 1.3 Bar TRD radiator cap, Twin 12” Billion electric fans – with 90 degree thermoswitch and override switch for drifting. Laile alloy radiator shroud. Custom built large capacity oil catch tank with 1 breather from each cam cover. Techno Pro Spirits Oil caps. Oil: 5W50 Trust F2 Fully synthetic. All engine work, installation and mapping completed by Techno Pro Spirits, Japan.

Transmission: Late model rear axle (Thicker driveshafts and larger bearings), TRD 2 way differential specially shimmed to lock earlier, 4.778:1 final drive, TRD paddle clutch, Toda Racing 3.7kg flywheel. TRD Quick shift linkage, Oberon fully synthetic racing LSD and transmission oils.

Suspension: TRD Coilovers at the front with adjustable castor plates, TRD adjustable rear shock absorbers and springs, 20mm alloy upper spacers (Jubiride) TRD competition bushes, Adjustable lateral rod, Cusco Vacanza uprated rear anti roll bar, Cusco pillow ball uprated tie rods, GTV steering knuckles, Cusco rear strut brace, Nobby Booth Carbon & alloy strut brace.

Brakes: FC3S RX-7 4 piston front calipers and discs with Endless CC-X performance pads front and Project Mu drift spec. pads for rear. Braided hoses, Cusco brake master cylinder brace, New hand-brake cables. DOT 4 brake fluid.

Wheels & Tyres: Original RS Watanabe 15 x 8.5J with Zero offset combined with bolt on 15mm spacers front & rear.
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 195/50/R15 tyres. Alloy wheel nuts.

Exterior: Original Paintwork. Global FRP rear hatch with rear wiper removed, Jubiride rear bumper, Budou Nouki front bumper with Billion carbon cold air duct, J-Blood Vented Carbon Bonnet, Trueno late model rear lights, standard skirts and arch trims with carbon fibre stone chip shields. Privacy glass in the rear. Front number plate is mounted on a sprung hinge shrouded in Carbon fibre – Retracts flat (& upside down) at over 50 mph. Driving lights mounted behind the high flow grille.

Interior: Defi instrument panel housed inside original binnacle displaying Revs (With adjustable shift light), Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil pressure complete with LED’s for warning lights and original fuel gauge and Defi link Controller. Apexi Rev Speed Meter with Ultra mechanical - electronic speedo output conversion kit, Apexi G Sensor for measuring cornering G forces and engine power output with the Apexi RSM. Original Air Conditioning retained. Webasto electric glass sunroof, Bride Exas III bucket seats with Bride seat rails, Custom made floor mats, Nardi Classic steering wheel with quick-release Rapfix II Prodrive boss, ARC titanium gear-knob, Cusco racing pedal covers, J-Blood carbon sill trims, Poineer hifi, Greddy multi Switch Controller, Willians Racing Harness, Fire extinguisher.

VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITES!!!!
A Tuner's Paradise
Automotive Art On Film
Dedication To Automotive Perfection

Japan Office Tel - (Calls charged at UK National Rate): 0207-193-3979.
Mobile (Japan): +81- (0) 90-4133-3825 Fax (Japan): +81-(0) 47-307-4678
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2005, 09:49 PM
very beautiful Respect!

What is it please ???

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Newera Imports AE86 Project...ba, Japan.]

1. ?
2. ?

12-07-2005, 09:55 PM
1. Is GReddy. There is a TurboTimer and a Boost Controller with that design. Since the car is Normally Aspirated I guess its a turbo timer (keep your engine running till it cools, after hard driving and then turn it off oautomatically)

2. This must be a Defi (or APEXi i m not sure) gauge controll unit. Gauges connected to it in line and its used to control functions like peak hold, warning, memory and replay.

What do you think Newera, can I sell stuff for your store??? Tongue

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Newera Imports AE86 Project...ba, Japan.] http://www.jdmbits.com
12-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Newera are you familiar with setting up the APEXi SAFC-II?
I have one connected in my car running 262 Kamakazee cams with adj cam gears. Any suggestions for settings : HI&LOW THROTTLE POINT etc?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
12-07-2005, 11:15 PM
nmwisima Wrote:1. Is GReddy. There is a TurboTimer and a Boost Controller with that design. Since the car is Normally Aspirated I guess its a turbo timer (keep your engine running till it cools, after hard driving and then turn it off oautomatically)

2. This must be a Defi (or APEXi i m not sure) gauge controll unit. Gauges connected to it in line and its used to control functions like peak hold, warning, memory and replay.

What do you think Newera, can I sell stuff for your store??? Tongue

Thanks,but this is not a TurboTimer because not a turbo ( on the photo)

12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Yummie! Yummie! Yummie! Yummie! Yummie! Yummie!
my goodness!!!
She's a beauty man!!! Respect! Respect! Respect!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
12-08-2005, 12:29 AM
You silly guy...

It doesnt have to be a turbo to use a turbo timer...

Turbo timers are just countdown machines usually connected to your handbrake (so that they work only when car is parked) and ignition...

They are called turbo timers, cause usually its the turbine that needs to cool down to save from cracking, but that doesnt mean its not usefull to a NA car...

NA cars is also good to let cool down :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Newera Imports AE86 Project...ba, Japan.] http://www.jdmbits.com
12-08-2005, 01:38 AM
who leaves a car on the handbrake?? Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JCCA Show 2012, Tokyo, Japan... chrisd1 4 6,872 07-15-2012 11:27 AM
Last Post: robokill
  8/6 Day Fuji Speedway Japan - PHOTOS! chrisd1 4 7,610 09-10-2011 08:42 AM
Last Post: Petros AE86
  Trackday with my hatchi in makkuro 2 4,665 07-25-2011 09:52 PM
Last Post: makkuro
  trackday grip with my 86: some fun battle makkuro 6 9,160 02-07-2011 10:20 PM
Last Post: makkuro