Newbie: Where to find parts
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
hey guys just picked up a 87 corolla coupe gts for 300 bucks and I had been trying to get into drifting so it came at a perfect time. The car is rough but it runs well only had 115k on it. No body damage just normal rust.
Anyways just need some help, this is going to be a summer to summer project. Im gutting everything, repairing rust, stitch welding what I can. just trying to do things right the first time around. Want to build just a nice drift car.
What are you guys using as far as suspension and where are you finding it for these cars. And where are you finding rebuild stuff for like the engines and trannys and rears. Any help would be awesome thanks
Find all posts by this user
07-18-2009, 02:25 AM
well, i think you're from the US right?
than check out http://www.club4ag.com you'll find lots of usefull infos there
and there( http://forums.club4ag.com/ ) are also lots of shops where you can get almost any rebuild part you want, some stuff is still available from Toyota.... at least here in Europe

and i envy you for such a cheap gts.... i paid the same for just an oem hood lol
07-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Yea US all my life cant wait to travel around in a couple years... check out some other scenes...

The car was complete luck it got traded in by an older guy, at my dealership. So i bought it before the whole saler could.

thanks for the links ill check them out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uk AE86 Levin Barn Find Mini Steve 10 13,904 10-16-2013 01:39 PM
Last Post: megabob
  newbie thinking about starting an AE86 project... HELP? 0_0 zerosktz 3 5,689 01-25-2010 10:47 AM
Last Post: NoHachi
  Newbie Showing his Project! Black Betty 43 33,689 08-01-2005 11:37 PM
Last Post: Black Betty