New from sweden
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
New from sweden
Hello and welcome!

I would suggest You import the car with a little help from someone hwo's done it before. To Sweden it's not really that difficult.
Trick is to have a good contact that You can trust to source a good car for You.

How expensive? You pay the price for the car, freight, insurance et.c. Customs charge an additional 10% of everything You have paid to get the car to Sweden. On top of that you pay sales tax (moms) of 25% of everything including toll.
All this is sorted out at the customs office. Here You apply for the special registration as "Import för eget bruk" too. (Privat use and not more than one car/year only)

You will need to convert/change the low beams (halvljuset) so they are suited for driving on the right side of the road. All in all it shouldn't be too difficult to get the car through registration as long as You have the necessary papers. Tricky, maybe, but definetly not impossible.
If You move to Japan for at least 12 months and own car for at least that time theres no need for any certificates other than registration to get the car through when You move back. No taxes either.

Registration is about 120 EUR. (1070 SEK)

If You can't get hold of certain necessary documents, such as noice certificate, tests will add to the cost.
Certificates from the official Toyota importer will do, if they feel they can issue them for a car they never imported themselves.
Perhaps Bilprovningen will accept info from previously registred AE86. Theres a handful, at least five of them intended for daily use.
Race and rallycars do not apply, naturally. Especially not racecars.

Car have to be standard. At least by looking in the documents or by comparison to similar cars previous registred in Sweden (if possible) If not, You have to make it standard. Goes for EU-imports too.

I suggest You start looking at an import guide such as http://www.bilsport.com and the section for "Privatimport". Look at the bottom of that page and choose the article "Import från tredje land" that covers the basics when it comes to importing a car from outside the EU, mostly USA and Canada which is even easier than Japan.
For first hand info from swedish authoritys try http://www.bilprovningen.se and http://www.vv.se

De som kan hjälpa dig som förmedlare vid importen är entusiaster med erfarenhet av egen import och som har kontakter i Japan. Exempelvis Skylinemannen.
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
New from sweden
Thansk Johan Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New from sweden]
11-01-2004, 11:27 PM
New from sweden
Ivan141 Wrote:I can put up the movie NoHachi was teasing with, just need about 7,3Mb's of server space.
As promised:
lenindrifter

Thanks to Ivan and NoHachi. Respect!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
New from sweden
owh man I gotta get me one of those!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-02-2004, 12:04 AM
New from sweden
I can not see the movie Angry

11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
New from sweden
Try this link, I mirrored it:

http://mux.speed.planet.nl/default.php?c...rifter.wmv

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-02-2004, 12:46 AM
New from sweden
I still think that is one of the coolest drift vids I have in my collection.
That guy has some serious skills.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-02-2004, 09:21 AM
New from sweden
Dude, TONS of people in the USA would trade for front ends.

http://www.hachiroku.net
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
New from sweden
Yeah, but if I were interested in a trueno frontend I wouldnt settle for anything less than a frontend with a zenki JDM trueno bumper (or kouki, which I like less). The USDM front is more difficult to mount and weighs a ton.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-02-2004, 03:26 PM
New from sweden
Brummmm that car rock the house Respect!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Sweden Skyracer 5 5,563 01-11-2012 07:25 PM
Last Post: Skyracer
  New guy in Sweden :) krullibull 21 18,281 05-30-2011 03:28 PM
Last Post: kennedy8383
  New member from Sweden! Bentley 12 11,552 04-30-2011 12:25 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  New Member. Sweden Stockholm Allexz 5 5,300 10-18-2007 05:25 PM
Last Post: S.K.