New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I hope they go for the understated look, like the original. A stock hachiroku looks preety ordinary, specially the levin coupe.. as Achilleas said, just put it next to any alfa of that era; and it certainly wasnt trying to be a ferrari/maserati/any GT car. So, lucious curves and super extravagant design features are better left out imo, as it is just not a GT and besides, large part of the fun with the 86 is the personalisation/modification, with a large support from the aftermarket companies..

Basically the new hachiroku should be like a slightly simplified cross between a DC2 integra and honda S2000. 1.8-2.0 DOHC 4banger 180-200 hp NA, keep the ae86 wheelbase (which is exactly like the s2000's), simple mechanical LSD, simple suspension but well thought out geometry and also keep the slightly inset wheel hubs to accomondate The Dish. Big Grin The package should weigh like the integra around 1100kg and wouldnt that be a blast to drive. pheeeeeeee
Find all posts by this user
07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Huh@ the dish remark Apolan... I didn't think you were part of the JDM tight yo! Photographers society () Soon you will start using words like "the stance", and start modifying your car in a way that looks good on pictures on internetforums. Tongue :wink:

Deep dish setups are poor as piss geometry wise, thats why you don't see them anymore.
What I'd like: Cheap,Light,RWD,Fun. MX5+ a roof and hatch
What we'll get: - , - ,RWD,Fun (maybe).

Ugly Boxy, RWD, practical etc all sounds like a BMW 1-series to me. So BMW has already built the new hachiroku Blush Tongue :wink:

PS: If they can make the car pictured above cheaply I would definately want one!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Both aboves are photochoped images.
The red thing is closer to the real thing.
The orange, is absolutelly nonsense drawing.
You ll see.

Well there are 86s of today, but not cheap.
Closest thing is the RX-8, now under 25.000 euros new,
practically as much as the Hachi costed new.

I m afraid the New car wil be:
-semi ugly
-RWD
-ESP all time
-heavy
-Not fun to drive

Hope I m wrong....

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I want it to cost as much as 30th hand hachiroku..

07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
nmwisima Wrote:I m afraid the New car wil be:
-RWD

Well that's one thing not to be afraid of.
07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
This is another rendering:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)]
Yummie!

See also here: http://www.7tune.com/i-saw-the-toyota-086a/

They claim that its weight is set at maximum of 1200kg, but more likely to go over that. Also its wheelbase is set to 2470, which is pretty much the same as the A6 Celica (and my Carina). So in other words: it all may sound like the successor of the AE86 in reality you will be stuck with a car similar to the 80s Celicas. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Yoda Wrote:
nmwisima Wrote:I m afraid the New car wil be:
-RWD

Well that's one thing not to be afraid of.

Oh give me a break now, you know what I meant...

(Although with Toyota and Subaru latest samples, I doubt even the RWD will be a good factor... Angry

Bloody Forester is shite, bloody STi is worst than previous, bloody... oh, I forgot Toyota has no intresting cars in her line up...)

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I was just about to write how this thing resembles LF-A and then i clicked the link... Anyway, if they are talking about 1200+ kg, that's going into Nissan S platform territory. And since they're talking 2.5 mln en for this, they're talking about japanese price. In EU we'd have to pay at least 130%-140% of that amount. For example Z33 in Japan costs somewhere around 80k lithuanian money new, and in LT you'd have to pay around 125k for the same spec car. And since 2.5M yen is roughly 70k LTL, we're talking about 110K in here. That could almost get you a new WRX, or 2-3 GC8/GDB.
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
banpei Wrote:This is another rendering:

All those renderings are worth less then the paper on which they are drawn.. Just artists imagining cool cars to help magazines increase circulation.

1200kg also seem highly unlikely..A VW Polo weighs that much these days and neither Subaru or Toyota are known for their weight saving savvy.

I can only hope that mazda executives smoke some mushrooms and decide to produce an RX7 based on the miata chassis but lighter because of the inherently stiffer coupe shape. That would be around 1050kg so the current 170hp Duratec would be enough.

07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
NoHachi Wrote:
banpei Wrote:This is another rendering:

All those renderings are worth less then the paper on which they are drawn.. Just artists imagining cool cars to help magazines increase circulation.

1200kg also seem highly unlikely..A VW Polo weighs that much these days and neither Subaru or Toyota are known for their weight saving savvy.
Totally agree with that! Wink
That's also what I meant: based upon the current unlikely spartan specs it is already an 80s Celica. It is more likely that Toyota will stick another sixty airbags in the car for safety reasons (in the footwell for example and another one in the rear view mirror, because you never know! Tongue ), increase the wheelbase a bit more to make it more stable, stuff more electronics in it to keep it from becoming another "coffin on wheels" like its predecessor was named and the weight will go over 1300kg for sure...

If that happens they should IMO immediately slap a Celica badge on it to make sure it is what it is supposed to be. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop: