New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)
10-07-2009, 02:03 PM
nmwisima Wrote:
banpei Wrote:It has been one hectic day... Read many many posts about this concept and saw, indeed as Cannabolic posted, that it is already in Gran Turismo 5!
Already wrote two blog postings about it... Let's hope Toyota doesn't have more tricks up their sleeves... Tongue

nmwisima Wrote:Looks nice...

Lets see what will go on production.

Lets see the final specs and weight.

Lets see if the ESP-off button will be available.
First: dunno, but won't be as nice as this concept I guess...
Second: specs will probably remain the same, weight is still a big guess...
Third: available... Both ABS and TCS! Wink

It will obviously have ABS and TCS. Its the rules. The question is if there will be a button to turn them OFF...
Have you actually looked at the picture of the gearshifter? Two buttons: ABS and TCS. Now, what would those buttons do then?? Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Its a fookin prototype Banpei.

I wish you prove right.

Then we ll hope for the handling to be ok...

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)] http://www.jdmbits.com
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
nmwisima Wrote:Its a fookin prototype Banpei.
I was talking about the button being available in the prototype, not if those were availble in the final car... So my bad.. Wink
From what I reckon they would make the biggest mistake ever if they would not supply that car with that button. Tongue

10-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes they would. But it wont be the 1st mistake Toyota does the last years, would it?

Also, its allready decided that ESP must be standar equipment in all cars in EU -like ABS is- and NOT as a deactivating option...

Thats why all VW Group cars stopped having an ESP off function...

What comforts me is that Mazuda and BMW guys dont seem to worry about that at all as there will be a small window for "Not Massivelly Producted" cars to have the magic ESP off button.

So the trick would be to be able to Tag your car as not Massivelly produced. :wink:

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New AE86 RUMOR! (FT-86 concept)] http://www.jdmbits.com
10-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Ooh, finally something other than renders or artist's sketches! That is a genuinely good-looking car. And I'm not just saying that because it's the new hachiroku. Smile The side-profile is so perfectly proportioned and with beautifully sloped roofline. The Chrysleresque grooves on the bonnet don't look too hot though but then again - it's not yet the production model.

I promised myself that I would keep the CTR as long as it takes for Toyota to release the new 86 and trade it in at the dealership. Looks like I might not have to drive a Honda forever, after all. Big Grin

BTW, why is the track profile of Fuji Speedway on the dashboard - some kind of satnav-integrated lap-timing thing a'la RaceChrono?
10-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Woow cool, that totally escaped me.. But then again i hope that they keep it simple and not go too far with gadgetery, like those psychos at nissan have.
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I read on Club4AG that although it looks production ready, Toyota is saying it is nothing more then a design prototype from the European design studio.

The Japan and US studio's also have a prototype in the works and toyota says that is in in no way certain that the car will look like this.

Read: Toyota still has every chance in the world to fuck this up. Would be a shame..cause this would be the best looking toyota for a veeeery long time. If its relatively light and cheap, then it wouldn't be the new AE86..would be even better.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmm... Let's hope they won't fuck up then... Big Grin
BTW: Toyota always stayed very close to the original concept car for the Celica mk1 liftback (SV1), Soarer Mk1 (EX-11), Celica Supra Mk2 (SV2), MR2 mk1 (SV3) and mk3 (MR-S concept), and the Celica mk7 (XYR) so lets hope they will keep on that road, or choose for an even more beautiful design from Japan or US then. Tongue

10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
hey mensen, dit is no shit. ben nu in japan en heb hier een auto blaadje gekocht. specs zijn alsvolgt

1200 kg
boxer200 pk moter

fr

ik zal de bladzijdes inscannen als ik thuis ben maar volgens het blaadje komt ie in japan in 2011

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-11-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:Toyota is set to re-enter the sports-car market with the 86 (pronounced hachi roku) developed jointly with Subaru. The compact four-seater will make its first appearance in 'FT-86' (Future Toyota 86) concept form at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show and is set to hit production shortly after. With its lightweight construction and rear-wheel drive layout, the 86 is the spiritual replacement for exciting Toyotas like the Supra and the AE-86, it is named after.

The car's adventurous styling is a direct development of the highly acclaimed FT-HS concept car first shown at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in the beginning of 2007. The FT-86 sports many curvaceous lines and has relatively short overhangs. Oval shapes dominate the interior, highlighted by the unusually white gauge cluster. The dashboard is covered in leather. The various compartments in the dash can be accessed through zippers.

Subaru's involvement can be found under the bonnet; one of the company's trademark flat-four engines. Apart from its configuration and 2-litre displacement, Toyota have not released many details on the Subaru boxer. Enthusiasts will be happy to note that the power is transferred to the rear wheels and through a six-speed gearbox that is operated by an old-fashioned stick and clutch.

General specifications
Country of origin: Japan
Numbers built: N/A (Prototype)
Produced in: 2009
Introduced at: 2009 Tokyo Motor Show

Engine
Configuration: B 4
Displacement: 2 liter / 122 cu in
Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed: Fuel Injection

Drivetrain
Gearbox: 6 speed Manual
Drive: Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
Length / Width / Height: 4160 mm (163.8 in) / 1760 mm (69.3 in) / 1260 mm (49.6 in)
Wheelbase / Track (fr/r)

http://www.ae86tr.com