Nearly had an accident
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Nearly had an accident
This morning the rain was so bad that I could barely hear a thing. When I came off the roundabout indicating left I thought my indicator had switched itself off. Next thing I know some woman in a people carrier is trying to pull out in front of me thinking im turning left at the next junction. I had to swerve round her nearly losing traction of my rear wheels in quite a built up area, I pulled it back and carried on.

This wouldn't have happened if I could see/hear my indicators. If I have one complaint about my dashboard. This would be it. Because i'm quite a tall bloke, seeing the indicator flashers on the dashboard is quite awkward.
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Nearly had an accident
How weird, I can hear my indicator relay just fine..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Nearly had an accident
The problem is it was raining VERY hard this morning and I had the stereo on (not too loud mind) and that didn't help. If I had visual indication they were still on. I could have prevented it.

I suppose the question I should be asking is. Is there a way to change the sensitivity of my indicators so that they will switch off as I leave the roundabout without me having to check?
10-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Nearly had an accident
I really hate the position of the hazard lights, I was once saying thanks to guy i just overtaken & had to swerve suddenly, 1 slight problem, I had my hand through the spokes of the steering wheel Blush That was almost a nasty moment Confused

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Nearly had an accident
I dont think the hazard light switch is in a very handy place either, but you shouldnt be putting your hand through the steering wheel unless you are sure that you dont have to make any manouvres. It's there to warn other people for hazards, not to create hazards for yourself.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We had an Easter Egg hunt! Blueneon 8 7,310 04-19-2006 08:34 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Nmwisima once had a girlfriend from Hilversum nmwisima 19 16,127 11-08-2005 06:31 PM
Last Post: banpei
  a sprint we had yesterday! adomz 3 4,220 10-24-2005 01:04 PM
Last Post: adomz