can some of the danes help me?
10-26-2005, 05:34 PM
that's strange, because then the DTC rules would differ from all other european rules.

Here in Holland Mitsubishi tried it a few years ago in the Dutch TouringCar Championship (not existing anymore). Because they only had a 1.8, that was the engine they gotta use.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Den maksimale slagvolumen for de anvendte motorer i Danish Touringcar Championship er 2.000 cm³. Motoren skal stamme fra en model, der som udgangspunkt har en slagvolumen på mellem 1.700 og 2.300 cm³. Motoren må have op til 6 cylindre, mens trykladning (turbolader eller kompressor) ikke er tilladt. Motoren skal være bygget på baggrund af en standardmotor, som indenfor et tidsrum af 12 sammenhængende måneder er blevet bygget i mindst 2.500 eksemplarer

equals:

The maximum displacement in the used engines in DTC is 2000cm³. The engine has to come from a model that have a original displacement between 1700 and 2300cm³. The engine can have up to 6 cylinders, while turbocharging or supercharging isnt allowed. The engine has to be built to DTC from a engine, who in a period of 12 months, have been produced in a number of no less than 2500.

Hopefully you guys can understand my crappy translation Confused

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Widar Wrote:And another;
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - can some of the danes help me?] Crying

http://www.j-weinreich.dk/galleri.html

The guy who sponsors me, sponsors J. Weinrich. Ill ask him what engine the Corolla has :wink:

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Rally corolla's used 3SGTE's, where there any homologation E11 corolla's that had a 3SGTE then? It's probably the beams 3sge without the camcover.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it's most certainly a late-version 3S-GE, hard to tell whether it's a redtop or a blacktop as the VVT-i system appears to be disabled (uses standard camgears).

In South Africa, there's a Super2000 rally series in which they use E12 Corollas equipped with blacktop 3S-GE engines pushing out around 270bhp. I don't know whether these cars have already been homologated so that they can be used in other motorsport as well. I found one article on these rallycars;

http://www.rallysportmag.com/cms/A_104293/article.html
10-27-2005, 09:45 AM
It is the 3sge engine,in the car!.

It can be used in this car,as there are no rules ,that say ,that the engine has to be born it the car.

They use the 3sge engine,becourse there is lots of parts for them,and they are well known for the realiblity!

Regards,
Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
10-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Firehawk, the Super 2000 series are targeted to become regional rally cars. The WRC supercars are to be withdrawn from everywhere except for the World Championships, in order to lower the private team budgets. Fiat (Grande Punto), Lada (112VK), Toyota (Corolla), Dacia/Renault (Logan) and Volkswagen (Polo) have prototypes for the next season. I suppose those cars will be really fun to watch, as there will be much less electronics in comparison with the N4 cars (like the Scooby), and you can really fell in love with the sounds that those engines make at 8,5k... Smile

This engine really looks like a 3S-GE. It would be disadvantageous for these guys to use the 2ZZ, why not use the 3S then? It depends on the rules, but then again, the S-series are great engines...

Ahhh, VTEC. All the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex.
10-27-2005, 07:48 PM
As you know by now it is 3SGE, but since VVTi insn't allowed it can't be a beams 3SGE... Unless they can disable it get it approved.

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - can some of the danes help me?]
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Who needs VVTi anyway...it's crap for tuned cars..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-28-2005, 03:31 PM
I think they disable the VVTI in the engine management systems they use, so it isnt active.. As whell as the Honda Type-R did when they where in Danish Touring Car.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - can some of the danes help me?]
1987 AE86
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=41755
http://www.aeu86.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255

...FWD SUCKS!!...