My new seats
06-04-2007, 06:21 AM
My new seats
These are my new seats, just put em in today. Wanted to see what other 86 enthusiets thought.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/pandae86/

Slide to side worldwide!!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My new seats]
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2007, 08:31 AM
My new seats
The seats are pretty cool. A lot better then stock. However, I would give the way you mounted your seatbelts a bit more thought. That pillar bar will fail easily in a crash, seatbelt bars are at least twice as thick.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
My new seats
jup love the seats but pease mount the belts differently, for your own safety...
btw how much were the seats and where from?

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
My new seats
Very nice seats! I'm also interested in price and place of purchase.

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
My new seats
yea I know the bar sucks, gonna look into the sparco bar and thicker straps, time to update anyway, that was just a quick install for belts. I got the seats off of ebay for 285 shipped (inside usa) just go on there and type "ae86 trd seat(s)" or "trd seat(s) they only show up once and a while. I saw them sometime in December and didnt buy them, had to wait till mid-april to see them again.

06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
My new seats
Hmmmmmmmm nice seats... but I think they these are the TRD seats.........????

Here is the TRD seat listed on the TRD AE86 link - http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_seat.html

Also an interesting side note.... although correctly located harnesses are far superior to OEM seat belts... if a patrol sees you wearing a harness and not the seat belts you can get a summons!!! This is in the USA......

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
06-04-2007, 10:24 PM
My new seats
I think they are replica TRD seats. For a pair of real TRD bucketseats, add a zero behind the 285$ pricetag.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
06-05-2007, 04:33 AM
My new seats
If they are copy-cat seats, they may be dangerous.

If they are not identified by a manufacturer, and do not have DOT-certification, they are not legal for US street use. Many seats including some stock seats fail when a car is rear-ended. If you are injured that way and your insurer says "Ah, you removed a safety component" they can walk away and the bills for your quadruplegic lifetime are now all yours.

A better racing seat will have FIA or other racing certifications. It will still be technically illegal for street use, but at least it will hold up under an impact.

Cheap stuff from China? Worse than the toothpaste with antifreeze and the dog food with resins in it. You might want to sic the feds--and Toyota--on anyone selling counterfeited TRD seats.

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
06-05-2007, 05:16 AM
My new seats
I know they are not real they are TRD "style" hence why they say racing development under the TRD and not toyota racing development. I just dont have the money to spend like that, Im on a budget. these seats are legal in the state of north carolina because I am a state inspector and know the laws on stuff like this. They are actually put together really well and are not too flimsy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bride Gias Seats from ebay, Knockoffs? apardal 4 4,743 01-09-2008 08:58 AM
Last Post: NoHachi