My new rebuilded denso starter (Heat soaked?)
10-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Hello mates,
i was for a ride..i did about 70kms .When i was going back i did a stop to see my granny for about 20 minutes.So i got into the car, when i try to turn her on the f@cking tak (no cranking just tak and again tak) for about 20 minutes :-( .Is this heat soak again ?i have the reduction starter now...i was thinking about the heat shield i am using under the hood maybe deflects and increace the temperature at engine bay finally?

4age 16v to FR 20VT
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Hows your battery? I had this once with a nearly dead battery, it couldnt supply the huge start current demanded by the starter and would just go click (or f@cking tak as you so eloquantly put it ;-)).
Before going crazy with other solutions, try to borrow a decent battery and try that out.
If the starter actually starts turning before slamming to a halt then you might have an ignition timing problem, but that's relatively rare. That would result in the starting troubles when hot as well, but it's a very different click to the one where the starter wont start turning (louder).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Hello mate and thanx for your fast answers....

My battery is good condition!It was 12.69 Volts when i arrived from home and generally plays from 12.60 and above.It is 45amp but i dont have measure her to a battery shop
My ignition timing was set to 10 degreess 2 days ago
so what do you propose?

4age 16v to FR 20VT
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Trying another battery is not difficult, and good to rule out. If you swap starters first and then find out it is the battery it would result in a huge face-palm.
If the starter is the problem, then there are shops that are specialized in repairing them.

About heat soak: do you still have the original heat shield on the starter? And the one beneath the exhaust manifold? I have driven without the exhaust heat shields without problems, but Holland is a usually colder than Greece.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
You didn't ask your granny for a push start...

Did you ?

Huh
Smile

Also check the Earth straps very carefully, engine to chassis and battery to chassis.

An analogue brain in a digital World
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM
totta Crolla Wrote:You didn't ask your granny for a push start...

Did you ?

Huh
Smile

Also check the Earth straps very carefully, engine to chassis and battery to chassis.

HAHAHAHA

Big Grin

guys the starter is rebuilded and unsused...... i have it for a month and that happends yesterday where i was on a ride and i made a stop for a few minutes....and then i tried to turn her on...

this situation happends first time to me ...

and yes the starter and the exhaust have heatshields!

4age 16v to FR 20VT
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM

Banging head lol

An analogue brain in a digital World
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
totta Crolla Wrote:Also check the Earth straps very carefully, engine to chassis and battery to chassis.

Banging head lol

mate my said that it should be the contacts if i am saying it right...

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1988_TO...l?hl=84312

4age 16v to FR 20VT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 starter options max_ae86 12 27,683 07-28-2019 08:17 PM
Last Post: harkes
  Starter problems Widar 49 115,927 02-09-2015 10:11 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Starter Motor Help phill 92 3 5,524 11-25-2013 11:16 AM
Last Post: Apsogos
  Starter motor questions - rebuild Jezza_hr 6 7,273 08-31-2013 03:05 PM