My new daily driver...a kind of grown up hachi.
07-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Supernice dailydriver Ian.
congrats

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
hey mux - lets hope the french engine is better than french wiring looms - my old renault 19 16v had serious wiring problems to the extent the headlights and stuff would turn off without warning Huh

The RX8 is also a lovely car - but I would prefer and FC FD turbo if I had a mazda.

With all the traction gizmos turned off the z33 is deffo not a car for people who cannot drive. In the wet it brakes traction really easy. With it all turned on its quite easy to drive quickly.

The hachi is still the better driving car - which is why I wont be doing any real trackdays in the nissan. There are very few proper road cars that can offer the level of involvement the little toyota can.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My new daily driver...a kin... up hachi.]
07-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Ian, well that is the reason why many people are questioning Nissans decision to start using their french partners engines (I believe renault?). All in all the engines in the Nissans are better then the french, but the french engines are alot cheaper and work just fine so...

Indeed, if you want to go sportcar the RX8 is a compromise, it is ment as a family car, so FC or FD is the way to go. I personally prefer the FC because I think the FD looks like a toy car. The FD is the faster and lighter of the two.
You can get a 2001 FD imported from Japan fairly easily and compared to the Z they are alot cheaperSmile

Problem with all RX7s though, if you dont know how to treat them, you'll brake the engine within a year, and especially with turboed once, a blown apex seal means $$$$$ (which is why I stick with N/A FCWink). Nice thing offcourse is that these engines are massively tunable without loosing durability.

In the end, the Z is indeed a great car to drive. I did ment it was for people that cant drive cause of that traction controllSmile
I still dont like the way it looks to much thoughSmile

P.S. for a dialy driver I would by an RX8 because they are way more practical then a Z or FD. A nice FC-TII makes a very good dialy driver but a tad thirstySmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2005, 11:50 AM
I m reading all this and cant stay out since i've driven both the cars

Yes mux Renault is Nissan's partner, so what?
I hate Ranaults, but again so what?

Ford is partner of Mazda, does that mean RX-8 behaves as a Mondeo?(which is preatty desend for a familly sedan by the way)

He could buy a RX-8, for sure its a better balanced car, a car that needs balls -also when the esp is off, its a matter of choice.
For sure the RX-8 is more sharp while the Z is brutal, but what the hec, you can drift with it all the time.

Dont forget man that with an RX-8 you have to check -and from my experience, add oil every two times you stop at a gas station for fuel.
Yes, the Ranesis holds the title of "2006 best engine" but it still has some of the old wankel problems and more important it works like a store, from 6 to 9 (rpm) Big Grin
Not ideal car for a daily driver, man.

Edit: If I could buy one off those, I think It would be the 8, I 'm that kinda guy who likes to change oils every week or so... Tongue
Maybe with the price difference (here is about 15.000 euros! I would turbo the Cool

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My new daily driver...a kin... up hachi.] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
That car is SO nice!

I'm sooo jealous at you! I need a Z one day myself!

And about the Mazda Rx8 (oh, pronounce Rx8 in swedish and it's pronounced damn close to the swedish word for shrimp soup Big Grin)... Wankel. No no.

Keep the good stuff up, Ian!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My new daily driver...a kin... up hachi.]
07-31-2005, 02:57 PM
nmwisima Wrote:Yes mux Renault is Nissan's partner, so what?
I hate Ranaults, but again so what?
Very simple nmwisima, Renault makes cheap engines engineered for your average house wife's car, not engine's for sportscars (with one or two exceptions).

When you compare the Renaults engine in the Z to lets say the engine in a skyline or the engine in the S15 it is a step backwards. When you buy a Z you buy a sportscar and you expect an engine designed for the purpose, not an engine chosen because it is the cheaper option...

Nissan very simply was the better engine builder, but to expensive...

nmwisima Wrote:Ford is partner of Mazda, does that mean RX-8 behaves as a Mondeo?(which is preatty desend for a familly sedan by the way)
I have nothing against car manufacturers working together. The fact that the new Nissan Micra or Primera or whatnot has a Renault engine, thats all fine, if that makes those cars cheaper for your average man to buy, go for it!

Same with Mazda and Ford, if they can make their cars cheaper by working together and sharing parts, by all means, do so...

But you didn't see Mazda drop a Ford Fiesta engine into their RX8 luckely, the only flaw Mazda made (if you can call it that) is drop a sportscar engine like the Renesis (that in N/A form is about as powerful as the original twin turbo in the FD) into a sportsedan.. .

nmwisima Wrote:Dont forget man that with an RX-8 you have to check -and from my experience, add oil every two times you stop at a gas station for fuel.
Yes, the Ranesis holds the title of "2006 best engine" but it still has some of the old wankel problems and more important it works like a store, from 6 to 9 (rpm) Big Grin
Not ideal car for a daily driver, man.
Well thats the problem with Mazda, they never work out the design faults because they dont want the owners to be troubled with having a car that needs to be operated differently. The oil is a good example, they went with a compromise here. To lubricate the inside of the engine they are actually injecting tiny amounts of oil into the combustion chamber. Hence the car always uses oil. It also means that if you want to keep your car running good for a long time, you should change your oil more frequent then normal. Just think about it, the more dirty your oil gets, the more dirty oil you inject into you engine...

Also with newer synthetic oils, most are not ment to be burned within the combusion chamber. That is the #1 reason (semi) synthetic oils are banned from rotary engines.

For my RX7 I've changed the system. Ripped out the oil injectors and just mix 2-tact oils into my gastank. This means I always get oil injected into my combustion chambers that is meant for that task and I dont use up my normal oil. It also means I could go synthetic oil within my engine if I wanted to increasing the life of my engine even further.

There are even people that go as far as hooking a separate oil tank up to the oil injectors (especially those using the 13B as an engine in their planes running them at far higher rpms). I've seen these engines being taken appart after many hours of use and compared to stock engines... man the difference is staggering...

nmwisima Wrote:Edit: If I could buy one off those, I think It would be the 8, I 'm that kinda guy who likes to change oils every week or so... Tongue
Maybe with the price difference (here is about 15.000 euros! I would turbo the Cool
If I had the money to buy an 8, I would go and buy an FC instead, lighten it up, drop a renesis in there, supercharge it and goWink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Mux I totally respect your 2.6hundred-something posts,
but I really dont get your problem with the 3.5 Z's engine...

Torque and power from 1.500 to 7.500, does'nt brake
(never heard of a broken Z's engine yet),
and still can take tones off tuning!

Edit:
I just talk to 3 of my colleges to the magazine and to the Nissan PR in Greece, and noone remember Nissan have any part on that particular engine. So, no prob, go and get one ...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My new daily driver...a kin... up hachi.] http://www.jdmbits.com
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Screw this....Ian i´m loving the Z, wish it was mine! congrats man, hope you will grow to love this car as much as your hachi.

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
nmwisima,

Hehehe, man its just an opinion and my opinion is not truth soSmile I just believe nissan makes better engines then renault so to go with a renault engine, awell... I'm no expert in these matters, it's more feeling then factualSmile

Other then that, the Z is a very nice car, not my piece of cake, not my kinda styling, but driving it, must be a great sensation, renault engine or not, and in the end, thats what countsSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

07-31-2005, 11:42 PM
IT-HAS-NO-RE-NAU-LT-E-NGI-NE-IN-IT Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

P.S. Yes lets screw this conversation. Who cares! dRIFT IT 24-7 IAn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polish driver drifting with just his feet! banpei 2 4,808 12-15-2012 12:44 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  Lucky Starlet driver S.K. 1 3,161 07-06-2008 10:20 PM
Last Post: S.K.
  Bought me a new daily driver today :) peter møller 14 10,498 02-27-2006 09:07 AM
Last Post: peter møller
  New bits for hachi Ian.G 106 82,033 08-02-2005 09:55 AM
Last Post: ZaX
  Different kind of Toyota peter møller 9 7,719 05-01-2005 07:39 PM
Last Post: ZaX