My idea, my love, my history
04-03-2008, 11:57 PM
As some of you know I bought car from Mux
MY ae is in preety well condition fom her age - just a little rust, very good suspension, nice interior and healthy and fast engine
I'am planning to do a lot of things- whole chasis, suspension, engine and interior Big Grin

Whole way to Poland - 1500km was very nice and pleasant
There where no incidents. After crossing Polish border, when I was close to home I've starded to have fun with the carBig Grin
I did not supposed that stock car give that mount of fun and pleasure!! I don't need 2 way LSD - with stock car goes all the time slide - incredible...

Now I'am buying a lot of things all over the world for my project
Today got OBX headers

Unfortunately because of condition of Polish roads i want to sell this suspension. There is some problem with front damper - need to check what is going on. But rear are in perfect condition - Mux put them into the car just few days ago. Springs are 6kg front and 4kg rear - (Mux if I'am wrong correct me)

Does any one use Tein SS?how is it working - I can buy them for very nice amount

Below some pictures of car, from the trip and others

Hope you'll like my project, I'll try to put pics of everything I'll do

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2008, 12:56 AM
take good care of her. Even I find it hard to see her so far away. Let alone MUX!

Have fun its a good car I drove a track day with her and she purs like a kitten.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-04-2008, 12:59 AM
hey man! good to hear that the car arrived safe! I doesnt think the front damper is worn out because its only on the car for a year or something. Maybe the coilovers are wrong mounted that could be because for this car the sleve is not welded at the strut.
I got the same suspension as mux did and yeah i can imagine that its to hard for bumpy roads. Wink I think the Greddy kit is very nice for u. According to Oldskull its sporty but still very comfy. Give him a PM and youll hear from him.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My idea, my love, my history]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
04-04-2008, 01:02 AM
BTW i want to advise you to mount a adjustable panhard rod. Because of the lowering the rear axle isnt exactly on the right spot

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
04-04-2008, 01:53 AM
next buy is 4 links kit, panhard rod and RNP 4.77

Can you recomend this side? http://www.technotoytuning.com/productli...ehicleid=1

About suspension I can choose between Greddy, Tein SS or Koni 1150 - wish to know your opinions

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
04-04-2008, 09:05 AM
whitepoint Wrote:Can you recomend this side? http://www.technotoytuning.com/productli...ehicleid=1

Yes its a good one. I bought my suspension parts there too. The owner of the shop, Gabriel Tyler, is also on this forum. When I mailed the guy I always got a reply the same day Thumbs up!

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
----->
"hey man! good to hear that the car arrived safe! I doesnt think the front damper is worn out because its only on the car for a year or something. Maybe the coilovers are wrong mounted that could be because for this car the sleve is not welded at the strut. ""

---->Repaired!
took it to pieces. That what I supposed its oil was dirty water.
Whole column was not good composed, because of that it was loose and hiting.
A lot of water and dirt got into the column but the shock is ok. I've cleaned everything, removed the rust on rifling/thread, applied grease/lubricant and screwed it o loctite.

What is the Gabriel's nick?

Paul

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
04-04-2008, 03:47 PM
WP,

Glad to hear you found the problem with the front strut. As I emailed you privately, don't give up on the Tokico's just yet. I would keep them on the car and adjust them to a comfortable setting. Your problem is not with the shocks but the springs, they are just to stiff for polish roads.

You will find that most kits out there, including Greddy and Tein will have the same problem, they are usually 8kg/7kg springs, so heavier then you have right now.

As for not properly constructing, the fluid inside is coolent and its in there for a purpose. I think the only thing that went wrong is that the spacer got jammed and after tighting everything space was created when the spacer finally vibrated into place. Thats what you get for putting everything together in the middle of the night after a long day of work Smile

P.S. garbiel is on the forum but I don't think he is very active here. His customers mostly are in the US. Better email him, the email should be on the T3 site.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-04-2008, 03:51 PM
robokill Wrote:take good care of her. Even I find it hard to see her so far away. Let alone MUX!

Have fun its a good car I drove a track day with her and she purs like a kitten.
I miss driving herSad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
whitepoint Wrote:Springs are 6kg front and 4kg rear - (Mux if I'am wrong correct me)
6.25kg/mm front, 4.5kg/mm rear Smile

My advise is buy 4kg/mm front springs, 3kg/mm rear springs and adjust the tokico's to a lower setting. I think you will be very pleased with the ride, and saves yourself alot of money.

But thats my opinion Smile It's your car now Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  swap idea. mr4deadcrow 3 4,729 01-02-2009 01:26 PM
Last Post: Roger