My Project has started...
05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
robokill Wrote:Becuase the trd springs are alot lower than standard ones. (check the hight and compare it to the trd srpings!

To give you an example of aftermarket springs next to standard springs. (B-Tune/Swift 4.5kg/mm)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My Project has started...]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2007, 11:41 PM
White very nice !!!! Thumbs up! Respect! Respect!

Cumps,
05-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Nice colour choice Thumbs up!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
sorry you can't modify the standard ae86 koni. The stroke of the koni is to long. You don't have to do it right away but just keep in mind you do it. I might even pick a front spring to 5 kg because 6 is already pretty stiff.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
05-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Quote:sorry you can't modify the standard ae86 koni

I've talked with rasteirinho about this, and the truth is: its possible to modify them. A shop here in our location, is specialized in koni and the owner said that is possible to modify it. He have done lots of diferent modifications for the most unthinkable aplications in local and national motoracing through the years. Rasteirinho exposed his problem, and he said, "no problem".

How they are modified? I have no idea! Lets see how they perform when his car is done.

CumpĀ“s
Filipe Oliveira
05-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Lipinhu,

I know that you can shorten the shaft so the koni has less reach, but you would still encounter bump problems. In theory you could also shorten the body of the koni (its just a cilinder filled with oil, cut 4cm out of it and voila, shortened koni) but I would think just selling the AE86 koni's and buying AE92 koni's would be alot cheaper then having someone spend hours taking your koni's appart and modifying them.

Also you get the bonus of the AE92 shocks being adjustable on car!

I'm still thinking about shortening the shaft of my rear koni's instead of buying HTS's though as I do not have any bump problems here and there is no need to shorten the actual cilinder. What I am wondering about is if I can still adjust my koni's if I do this since I need to fully compress the koni in order to do this.

Still some fresh HTS shocks for the rear......... Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
No, you leave the piston rod as is, if you dont shorten shock body, instead of this take it apart and place spacer (polyurethane or plastic) above the piston on the rod. So the rod can reach bottom if you full compress it and the extended lenght of the rod is smaller of that amount travel as this spacer thick is.

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Well mates,

As my friend Filipe (Lipinhu) said, a specialized shock absorver store told me that they could modify the front suspension to suit with the TRD springs.

Well, i'm bit a apreenshive about the results. Let's wait and see.
I'll keep this issue updated as far as possible.
05-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Mux can you find a pair of new front yellow adj AE92 KONIs over there ?
How much ?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
05-13-2007, 12:53 AM
alimonos,

I know a shop in Germany still sells em but I had some communication problems with them, I believe Jamiemirror has a contact that can get them and I know Alex (street-devil) in Germany knows a dealer as well.

Last time I checked though, I would have had to pay 230 euro's or so for a set which is when I decided to go HTS since the AE92 koni's only sort out the front, not the rear and with HTS I can get a full matching set (Though I still need to order the rears Wink ).

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Friend's Projects Started. ToyotaTs 72 51,053 01-19-2010 08:24 PM
Last Post: oldskull
  Has anyone seen this project? Richie 17 16,353 05-20-2005 03:59 PM
Last Post: Widar