My Levin GT Coupe
12-26-2009, 01:23 PM
My Levin GT Coupe
The aeu86 shop sells reproductions of those stickers too...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
My Levin GT Coupe
Don't really have any pictures to post but still have been a busy boy.
Finaly the car runs Cool and all we had to do to make it run was replace every fuse/relay, new plugs, new leads, new dizzy cap, new rotor, new coil, new ignitor and new battery gee i wonder why i'm broke all of a sudden Crying All the parts we took off were the same ones in had on it when it left the factory in 1984, seems no one ever bothered to replace anything up untill now.

Car only ran for a few minutes before we starting pulling it to bits to replace the cambelt which is long overdue, so i should get a call from toyota first thing tomorrow saying my belt, tensioner, water pump and thermostat have arrived, if everything does arrive hopefully have that all fitted up tomorrow night. Also my thanks to my brother i'll be fitting a nice new samco hose kit as well.

Dash is back in the car, the dirty old brown/tan actually looks pretty pimp. I've just come inside from spending hours and hours preping the rear floor for painting and gave it a light test coat, looks pretty good i must say, we will be running the front half of the carpet so at least i don't have to prep and paint the front floor, i had to buy a front carpet since the car never came with any so should get that later in the week

Also in other news my brother called me today to say he had brought me a TRUST catback exhaust system so get that wednesday Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2010, 06:17 AM
My Levin GT Coupe
Windscreen fitted:

Exhaust test fitted:

Engine back together and running:

Interior almost back together(needs a clean):
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
My Levin GT Coupe
I c money well spend! Thumbs up!

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My Levin GT Coupe] http://www.jdmbits.com
02-28-2010, 08:31 AM
My Levin GT Coupe
Haven't bothered to update since my digital camera has been overseas but now its back.
Finally got my interior all back together

Bodywork is all done too i was going to take it to a body shop for its final sand and buff but i decied to just buy a proper buffer and do it all my self, paints come up nice and shiney but still its not the worlds best job if you look real close.

Car seems to be running ok now so i gave it a service today, however we have found that the exhaust manifold has a crack in it so now on the look out for a factory set, plus my trust system will be way easier to fit if i go back to factoy manifold, it will just be a straight bolt on jobie

After the exhaust all thats left to do is to buy 4 new shocks and then hopefully it will be road legal
02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
My Levin GT Coupe
nice work my man
02-28-2010, 01:15 PM
My Levin GT Coupe
Looking very nice!! It's come together really well, would love to see what the bodywork looks like when its finished Smile.
03-11-2010, 12:22 PM
My Levin GT Coupe
So close I can taste it
New front shocks are in, rear shocks will hopefully be arriving tomorrow or Saturday at the latest, factory manifold should also be here tomorrow too, the rest of the exhaust is all bolted up with new gaskets and my brother made me a test pipe to replace the cat so soon I will finally hear what this car sounds like with an exhaust on it (tho I must say it sounds pretty damn mean without one Smile )

Fitted a rear high stop light last night I think they look horrible but you have to have one in order for the car to be road legal. Got a horn today too, not sure why someone removed it in the first place but again you got to have one.

So all that is left on my to do list is to fit new shoes in the rear and give the brake system a good bleeding, then hopefully I’ll take the car away for its warrant of fitness test and fingers crossed it will pass and the car will be back on the streets after 7years of neglect Thumbs up!
Then I’m going to drive it to the roll cage builders Cool

Pics when the car comes off the axle stands, or in the meantime heres the list of things i need to do that my brother was kind enough to write out for me
03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
My Levin GT Coupe
Great mental note! Big Grin Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My Levin GT Coupe]
03-13-2010, 05:52 AM
My Levin GT Coupe
Well shocks didn't come which really pisses me off but i got the manifold, so go that all bolted up and pretty happy with it, its not too loud and it sounds great when its hauling ass past you Smile

Fitted my cusco braces

Gave it a bit of a wash too

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trueno Hatch and Levin Coupe - Repair, replace, pray xD TomRich 13 12,896 10-07-2018 09:45 PM
Last Post: banpei
  @dodo@ Levin Coupe, renovation and tuning (56k think twice) @dodo@ 165 147,543 03-28-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  Aram's 3SGE Beams Levin Coupe robokill 665 683,796 09-03-2017 09:24 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Matt's "Drives as fast as it's Towed" 85 Levin Coupe mad.matt 38 36,802 04-07-2016 12:15 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  DidiDex 1984 Levin coupe rebuild DidiDex 1 4,923 08-13-2015 03:22 PM
Last Post: DidiDex