My GT coupe
06-22-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 10:06 PM by banpei.)
My GT coupe
Khamsins rims look great on hachis. But I'm biased... Wink

Where did you find those Khamsins?
I used to own a set, sold them to Mux and he sold his car including them. I've only seen one other set for sale at Marktplaats, but they are not the same as yours. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My GT coupe]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2014, 09:36 PM
My GT coupe
they came with the ae86 my brother bought i think 6years ago, it was the only mod on that car.He bought that car near tilburg i think.

Real men race downhill
Find all posts by this user
12-24-2014, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2014 10:09 PM by wouter86.)
My GT coupe
Small update:

-Front fenders now painted in the right colour
-Skirts painted and mounted
-Rear wheel arches fixed and painted (Respect! to the car shop dude, body shop work really is an art!)

Next step:
-Get those BBS E50's shining again, include 10mm spacers for the front and lower the car some more (spring hits the tire now)
-MOT in January

Keep you posted!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Real men race downhill
12-25-2014, 10:42 PM
My GT coupe
Nice going and the BBS rims would make the car a great looker! Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My GT coupe]
01-02-2015, 06:10 PM
My GT coupe
Hooked up the 20v on a stand and replaced the timing belt, hooked up the electrics and fuel to see if the engine still started and everything seems to still function just fine.Made a simple switchboard and fuel tank.

Next step will be hooking up the cooling and make the it suitable for RWD use.Now looking for an RWD pump housing.

Meanwhile i will be studying/ making an approche plan for the KDFI/Megasquirt (trigger wheel? COP? Wasted spark? Camshaft sensor? which sensors can be used?)

Real men race downhill
01-13-2015, 09:43 PM
My GT coupe
Wouter ask Aram he has made a 20v cooling block for a blacktop.

Nice to see one is back on the road again :-)

Most people use a crank trigger wheel with wasted spark. Keep the engine as simple as possible. There is a guy who uses Omex600 in NL who tunes it on a crank trigger wheel. (builds kit cars)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
01-14-2015, 11:01 AM
My GT coupe
I think a camshaft sensor is probably the most reliable option combined with wasted spark.
If there is one that will fit out of the box, I dont know, but I bet someone out there tried the GZE one on for size, so google around.
You could also try to make one fit, I've seen this done with volvo's (using a mitsubishi sensor).
Crank triggers are ok, but due to sensor location when using a trigger wheel they are more susceptible to vibration.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-15-2015, 09:49 AM
My GT coupe
Considered using 20v distributor?
Lose the unnecessary parts and i guess it could stay at the back of the engine without "firewall massage".
01-17-2015, 02:39 PM
My GT coupe
since the cast-iron crankshaft pulley is not really suited to drill and tap holes in i showed it to the guys at the toolshop from my work.They said we can make one out of aluminium on a lathe which gives a nice surface for mounting a trigger wheel.

The trigger wheel i can draw in autocad and get it lasercut.

i believe dismantling the distributor and leaving only the trigger wheel intact with one tooth filed away will give me a camshaft position sensor and enough room to fit the engine without much massaging.

found a perfect rwd waterpump housing on ebay but since my reputation is 0 the seller is not willing to sell, damn! just keep on looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1987Toyota-...7e&vxp=mtr

Real men race downhill
02-01-2015, 04:23 PM
My GT coupe
Made a crackshaft pulley on a lathe and spark-eroded a keyway in the pulley.

Made a contact pattern and everything fits well.Next up is the trigger wheel, i drew one but can't really find the specified sizes for the teeth online so i divided the wheel op 50/50. 50% is teeth, 50% is empty.also made a hole on the other side of the missing tooth, keeping mm2 and distance from center in mind (the missing hole surface is bigger than the missing tooth surface)

ofcourse any suggestions for corrections are welcome!

Connected the cooling 20v FWD style and included a heater, in the meantime still looking for an rwd waterpump housing and alternator bracket, these are pretty hard to get!

as a side quest i wanted to fit 1NZ coil on plugs, its not as easy as i thought, the diameter is bigger than the blacktop spark plug hole.So i tried to bring the diamater back somewhat on the lathe, the isolator housing just cracks no matter how easy i go.I measured the isolator housing but its quite thin to begin with, tried to file one down with care but the COP will just get stuck, anyone suggestions on how to do this?COP without the isolation seems a bad idea.

Real men race downhill