My GT coupe
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
My GT coupe
Well as i was starting repairing my ae86 i started to think,Why not make a nice topic about it?

It started all 2 years ago when i was watching initial d.The first anime i saw about streetracing.I liked it very much, but in the end i kept wondering what an 86 was.

So I ended up searching the internet for an ae86.They were called levins,truenos,sprinters etc.Names i never heard of.Then suddenly i saw they were called corolla`s here in The Netherlands.Offcourse i knew what a corolla was, a strong boring car for old people,or so I thought...

When i found some Best Motoring material with drifting ae86`s and a man called the drift king I was stunned!My image of the corolla changed forever and I wanted one of these cars!

So since I never saw one on the streets (maybe never noriced one) I thought it would be hard to find one.So i searched on marktplaats.nl with the keyword "ae86" and there was one for sale in my neighbourhood for 500 Euros!Called the guy,went looking and immedeatly bought it.

The car was in a bad shape (still is).All tyres had the canvas coming out of them.The diff made horrible sounds and the engine had his best time too and it had quite some rust.But hey!The LSD still did it`s work and i made my first donuts.Cool

So i went looking for a rear axle or diff.Damn, I found out it`s quite hard to find parts for this car.So i frequently checked the internet for parts and then i saw an ad of someone selling a complete rear axle and front suspension.Lucky me!

Now i replaced the rear axle and the bad noise went away so that´s nice (too bad i don`t have pics).

And now I am repairing the rust at the rear wheel arches.Never done that before but i think it looks "acceptable" to me :wink:

I don`t have any plans with the car yet, only to make it road legal and enjoy driving it.I learned from previous projects that if you all want it perfect it takes very long before you can drive it again so i`m not planning to do that for now.

Yeah i know it has probably been in an accident according to the headlight and i was wondering about the engine,why does it have an AFM?They were never sold with AFM`s in the netherlands.Maybe somewhere else in Europe?

Too bad i don`t have much time these days to spend working on my car so don`t expect updates too often Tongue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Real men race downhill
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2005, 08:23 PM
My GT coupe
Nice work so far wouter!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
My GT coupe
Keep it up but still its a bit harder to remove the rust for good.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
My GT coupe
UPDATE.

Another small battle has been won in the war against rust.But the rust is quite an annoying opponent.

What i learned in this project is that rust spots can look small, but actually are quite big.

Well the pictures say more than words.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Real men race downhill
05-21-2005, 11:50 PM
My GT coupe
Whoa... That's some big hole you've got there. Huh

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My GT coupe]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2005, 01:44 PM
My GT coupe
nice airco :-)

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-03-2005, 12:42 PM
My GT coupe
doing a great job in my home city, BoZ

Mark
06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
My GT coupe
Is this the old coupe of Tom ?
06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
My GT coupe
Kees Wrote:Is this the old coupe of Tom ?

Yes this is the car that was totally r*p*d by tom.Mechanically spoken that is Tongue .

Real men race downhill
03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
My GT coupe
Hmmm, he wouter, you still busy with your car? I'm looking through these old project threads. Seemed like you where nicely on your waySmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad