Modern touches?
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Modern touches?
clean paint, fresh rubber(weatherstrip), nice interior, a updated sound system (decent not mega BASS - w CD and MP3 jack) a proper suspension, good brakes, with good bushings, heat, and A/C, decent seats - like fresh OEM GT-S seats, or similar comfortable recline-able seats from the aftermarket.

Girls don't usually like race cars on dates... now thats not to say they don't like race cars... many actually do, but going on a date in one is not their idea of fun

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Modern touches?
I mean this little fucker is almost 30 years old, mine has some scars and rust here and there but the mechanic is at it´s best and i care for him... and to me that counts.

They don´t like race cars and old bikes on first date... anyway my girl stays with me for almost ten years now although i picked her up with my ´56 AWO Tongue

AE86 Full Hybrid - Burns rubber and gasoline
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Modern touches?
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Modern touches?]

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Modern touches?] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Modern touches?
My ex.gf is still a huge fan of my hachi, she named him "Royalty Black"....

My actual gf loves my hachi too... The thing she loves the most is the sound... so... i guess girls dig hachi's! Thumbs up!

HAhahah nice facepalm there bro! Hurray!
04-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Modern touches?
HAHA wow I think everyone has got the wrong idea about me and my car lol (everyone has focused on the female section of my first post) to be fair i probably didn't make myself very clear.

My car is a stripped drift/daily I don't mean I want to make the car a modern car I am well aware the car is a 26 year old car and that is half of the appeal! I'm no retard the maintenance always come first especially as it's my only way to get to work so it effectively pays my bills!

What i was asking is what LITTLE touches have people done to make their car a little bit nicer to live with e.g. brighter interior light (mine hardly lights my car up!) Also i took off the rubbers that cover the metal corners on the window seals and sprayed the corners black which made a huge difference overall!

I put some black plastic restorer on the front bumper the other day (after taking that pic) and was well chuffed how much cleaner the car looked!

I facepalmed when i saw the facepalm! this thread was taken the wrong way!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Modern touches?
Nawww dude, we are just talking here!

Modern touches are cool! And if girls like it too... that's even better! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
04-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Modern touches?
Nice wheels and ride height Tongue
You definitly need a new driver seat !(or refurbish this poor little Recaro)
Paint your interior and maybe add carpets to make it cleaner.
04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Modern touches?
Agree on the carpets!
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Modern touches?
Very nice car mate.

Put the carpets backs, retrim the Recaro, buy another Recaro for the passenger, tint the side windows and put a sunstrip on the front (black no lettering), flock some of the dash -specialy the brown parts- and you are set. Thumbs up!

A.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Modern touches?] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Modern touches?
Yes, i had the wrong idea about the car.

AE86 Full Hybrid - Burns rubber and gasoline