Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2005, 11:30 PM
What VW rabbit fenders look like on a Hachi
Not wide enough for my taste...but looks clean.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
When I get an AE86 I won't beef up the apearance like that. It is my taste yes, but I am not a fan of putting spacers on my wheels.

Almost everybody says it's ok to do so, but I've heared from my mechanic that spacers put extra strain on the drivetrain. It causes more wair, and in some occasions spacers are the ones responsible for accidents.

The kind of accident where a wheel suddenly overtakes you "like takumi" when you make a sharp turn / drift.

Ok, most of the time caused by fools using their original, SHORT weelnuts.
But the added risk makes me NOT want to do that stuff.

And anywhere above 195 in width looks cool, but sucks when it's raining. I dislike aquaplaining. And it rains a lot in the Netherlands.

EDIT:I almost forgot! Silly me... I think the vw rabbit flares do the AE86 justice. Slightly bigger than original, but not huge. Great job!

Justice to All
02-16-2005, 12:26 AM
JTA Wrote:When I get an AE86 I won't beef up the apearance like that. It is my taste yes, but I am not a fan of putting spacers on my wheels.

Almost everybody says it's ok to do so, but I've heared from my mechanic that spacers put extra strain on the drivetrain. It causes more wair, and in some occasions spacers are the ones responsible for accidents.

The kind of accident where a wheel suddenly overtakes you "like takumi" when you make a sharp turn / drift.

Ok, most of the time caused by fools using their original, SHORT weelnuts.
But the added risk makes me NOT want to do that stuff.

And anywhere above 195 in width looks cool, but sucks when it's raining. I dislike aquaplaining. And it rains a lot in the Netherlands.

EDIT:I almost forgot! Silly me... I think the vw rabbit flares do the AE86 justice. Slightly bigger than original, but not huge. Great job!

So instead of getting spacers just get the correct offset wheels for the wider stance.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - What VW rabbit fenders look...on a Hachi]
http://www.hachiroku.net
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
JTA Wrote:EDIT:I almost forgot! Silly me... I think the vw rabbit flares do the AE86 justice. Slightly bigger than original, but not huge. Great job!

I found an old abandoned VW rabbit in my neiborghood and I took one flare to test on the AE86 fender. It suits ok, but it needs modifications.
The bigest "problem" is that it looks pretty old with that faded black rough surface of it. I 'll post pics soon to show you what i mean.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - What VW rabbit fenders look...on a Hachi] http://www.jdmbits.com
05-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Cool Peter !

Will look fine with 205/14" tires and Supra MA61 rims (I will try this combo) for rear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't like this... dikolotour 16 11,355 01-23-2008 02:24 PM
Last Post: dikolotour
  Thought you guys might like this.... WKD RWD 10 7,811 09-05-2007 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eircamae86
  Didnt like it anyway... nmwisima 6 5,640 07-12-2007 07:18 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  Look what turned up in my driveway today :-) peter møller 8 6,925 03-28-2007 07:55 AM
Last Post: Denmark
  look what i found on... adomz 4 5,112 10-03-2006 11:17 AM
Last Post: The Doctor