Mine
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Mine
Reverse/remodell yoour cooler ducts !
You must put the smaller area at the front in order to use "vacuum" effect.
http://www.2dperformance.com/images/prod...-small.jpg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Mine
jamiemirror Wrote:Reverse/remodell yoour cooler ducts !
You must put the smaller area at the front in order to use "vacuum" effect.
http://www.2dperformance.com/images/prod...-small.jpg
are you serious with that Huh I bet thats just because lack of space or something other stupid thing...

blacktop beams 3S-GE carina
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Mine
I'm 100% serious, think about hi and low pressure areas with these two ways of duct design.
12-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Mine
I don't see how that would work to be honest ?

My idea was to stop any air escaping under the intercooler, the top section is to stop it goin over the top. So it will work as a ram air system, surely, more air the better ?

A small opening like the one in your link will allow in a smaller amount of air, by the time it gets to the intercooler it will have slowed down due to it filling a larger area.

Surely you could compare blowing into a funnel, if you blew an amount of air through the small end you would hardly feel it at the large opening. If you could blow the air into the large opening, by the time its been compressed into the small pipe it would create a quicker air flow?

Building an AE86 from a pile of rust!

Here she is !
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Mine
Quote:A small opening like the one in your link will allow in a smaller amount of air, by the time it gets to the intercooler it will have slowed down due to it filling a larger area.

Surely you could compare blowing into a funnel, if you blew an amount of air through the small end you would hardly feel it at the large opening. If you could blow the air into the large opening, by the time its been compressed into the small pipe it would create a quicker air flow?

I know it looks weird but all that is 100% incorrect ! :wink:
When you have small opening + large area you will notise hi pressure at the front and low pressure at large area zone. This will incease speed of air --> amount ot air per minute.
If you have big opening and small area - you have low pressure ao the front and hi pressure at small area zone. I bet at some speed (hi enough) you will get some air just standing there - not moving and not cooling anything.
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Mine
When i get the time i will make another cowling and test your theory my friend. I'll get a temp gauge, fasten it to the intercooler and let you know the results ... Thumbs up!

Building an AE86 from a pile of rust!

Here she is !
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Mine
Actually two T-sensors (ambient T and at the intercooler).
For correct measurement.

PS: This is not my theory, I just read it :wink:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mine AE86 from up norht corolla4agze 19 24,974 10-24-2012 10:24 AM
Last Post: corolla4agze