Meet at the ring
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Meet at the ring
I'd LOVE to go! My problem a continent and a half, along with 3300 kilometers of ocean...
My car would be lucky to do a 14 min lap... but it would be VERY cool!!! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Btw... is this anyone here???

"Toyota Corolla AE86 1 Runde Nürburgring Nordschleife"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...urburgring

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
01-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Meet at the ring
I think the guy that owned that car has been mentioned here before, but not a member here AFAIK.
BTW, an ae86 in good condition should be able to go round in at least 10 minutes, but you'd need to know your way around the track, which takes a while and is not without it's hazards.
I think we managed to go a bit faster than 14 minutes in our shitty old track-volvo last summer.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Meet at the ring
i want definitively to come, but i have respect from this track and fear, i am satisfied to make balast in cars from experienced ringers.

Reinhard last year Respect! Respect! Respect! Respect! thanks
01-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Meet at the ring
Ivan141 Wrote:BTW, an ae86 in good condition should be able to go round in at least 10 minutes, but you'd need to know your way around the track, which takes a while and is not without it's hazards.
I think we managed to go a bit faster than 14 minutes in our shitty old track-volvo last summer.

I've never driven the track.... All I have to go on is this vid... and I figured I'd add a few minutes...

my suspension.....
Custom linear springs(4.5 frt/3.0 rear) by Turkon Tonk, Tokico Illuminas, TRD high density bushings, Addco 25.4mm frt sway bar, Cusco AS front strut bar.......

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
01-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Meet at the ring
oldeskewltoy Wrote:
Ivan141 Wrote:BTW, an ae86 in good condition should be able to go round in at least 10 minutes, but you'd need to know your way around the track, which takes a while and is not without it's hazards.

I've never driven the track.... All I have to go on is this vid... and I figured I'd add a few minutes...
He´s lapping the full length including the GP track. That adds an extra few miles to the entire length.
Expect to be able to do 12min on the old track fairly easy.
I did high 10´s in my Fiat Barchetta, after aprx. 15rounds.

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Meet at the ring
AE86 in typical state of prep should be capable of a comfortable 9 minute BTG lap, but for newcomers that should be your last priority..

Please everyone, keep saying to yourself to take it extremely easy and always keep a cool head. Racing should not be what you are doing unless you can always name the next 5 corners coming up..I cannot stress this fact enough: Approx. knowing is not going to cut it..at least one ae86 on this forum has painfully (and expensively) learnt this fact.

Once you know the track and tracksurfaces by heart, its a nice track that will allow you to do relatively safe and slow laps that are still amazingly fun ..just getting the rythm right in certain sections, carying speed through blind highspeed sections its what makes this place special.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
03-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Meet at the ring
Guys,
can anybody tell me, how many of people here is going this weekend to Ring?
I am, even if I am not sure, if with car or not. Anyway I would like to know, how many of you I will meet.

o.

...3 weeks remianing only.
03-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Meet at the ring
look at the time in video, and see how fast he is doing it, it´s 8min something, or low 9min,

/Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
03-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Meet at the ring
Onyx, 2 or 3 guys from Denmark are coming, I'm thinking about going, CircuitFreak is joining me if his car is ready. D.Wars is thinking about it, some others aswell. We're planning on driving up on the Saterday at the moment.

I haven't gotten a chance to talk to any of our german friends yet but I'm sure one or two will pop up.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Meet at the ring
I will be there from friday - sunday.. would be nice meeting you guys there. Big Grin we are coming in a group of 4 hachis if i remember correctly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 Annual Meet UK Nismo 12 8,857 08-02-2020 11:12 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Enjoy86 meet 2017 Spitfire 0 2,981 07-14-2017 12:03 PM
Last Post: Spitfire
  What about ae86 meet 2014? Martynas 8 11,256 01-10-2017 02:44 PM
Last Post: Martynas
  Enjoy86 meet and trackday 6.8.2016 Spitfire 4 5,447 05-29-2016 10:14 PM
Last Post: banpei
  King of Europe - France Round 2 [Meet the King] Project D 0 3,123 03-10-2016 06:40 PM
Last Post: Project D