Meagn Racing Coilovers
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
D2, Megan etc etc.. I think they all come from the same factory, all use the same shocks (and by all, I mean all cars..so AE86=civic=200sx=mx5, etc) and the same springs. The sets are just modified a bit to fit different cars and then painted the color of whatever company will sell them later on.
Only way to do that properly is to effectively remove the "suspension" function and make em really stiff. Probably does wonders for lowering, does great for drifting and feels very communicative. Might not be the best for ultimate grip and speed..probably not comfy either, but not many people seem to care about that anyways.

If you can: try and buy from a European dealer. If any of the shocks fail and you have to use the guarantee, then its the shops problem..not yours. Easier to do if you are local to the seller.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
this setup looks like a copy of the greddy one

Quote:Only way to do that properly is to effectively remove the "suspension" function and make em really stiff. Probably does wonders for lowering, does great for drifting and feels very communicative. Might not be the best for ultimate grip and speed..probably not comfy either, but not many people seem to care about that anyways

Kinda bullshit. The greddy set was tested for grip driving no drifting!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Where do you see me mention the greddy set? Those seem to have some actual development behind them, thats why they don't cost 900$

Thats the problem with shocks -> they are knowledge intensive, not technology intensive products. Take a high end moton/Öhlins etc shock apart and you'll see the same bunch of easily produced parts that you'll see in a cheap "insert your own brandname" product. Quality and tolerances are a bit better but not 1000$ worth. The problem is that it is VERY difficult to get the settings right for any combination of car/unsprung weight/sprung weight and wheelrate. Öhlins uses their own full car shaker rig to tune and test..same as they use for LeMans cars etc. Billstein uses advanced on-car telemetry systems and has a scary quality controll cycle. Koni has a product line going back a long way and lots of experience with testing and tuning. That is where the "rest" of the money goes to. The end result, if done well, is a car with 8/6 springrates that is more comfortable then the same car with stock 2/1.5 rates. Or a car with stock rates that handles a lot better. All depends on the way it is tuned. People who slapped stiff springs onto koni's and cranked them up to compensate should know what I mean. Its fine, but leaves a bit on the table compared to properly setup systems.

10-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Still - according to this reasoning the D2 etc are still a good buy, if you can tolerate a bumpy ride. Just to prevent any misconceptions.

10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
i have asked a distributor in florida about the coilovers ( i was referring to this forum Evil ) and asked if its available for $900 and i was really surprised. the reply was YES!! so i will ask my friend in florida to pick up the set and send it to me with some other items. he said the shipping cost will be around $180 so 900+180=$1080, shipped to my house!! Yummie!
great deal. Thumbs up!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
A word to the wise....Be VERY careful of fake invoices, *IF* your shipment is lost... thae value on the fake invoice is what you will get reimbursed for...

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
NoHachi Wrote:D2, Megan etc etc.. I think they all come from the same factory, all use the same shocks (and by all, I mean all cars..so AE86=civic=200sx=mx5, etc) and the same springs. The sets are just modified a bit to fit different cars and then painted the color of whatever company will sell them later on.
Only way to do that properly is to effectively remove the "suspension" function and make em really stiff. Probably does wonders for lowering, does great for drifting and feels very communicative. Might not be the best for ultimate grip and speed..probably not comfy either, but not many people seem to care about that anyways.

If you can: try and buy from a European dealer. If any of the shocks fail and you have to use the guarantee, then its the shops problem..not yours. Easier to do if you are local to the seller.

NoHachi Wrote:Where do you see me mention the greddy set? Those seem to have some actual development behind them, thats why they don't cost 900$

I think they all come from the same manufacturer
[code:1]
http://www.bcracing-na.com/service/service.html
http://www.bcec.com.tw/index.asp[/code:1]