Meagn Racing Coilovers
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
If you're met me you probably know that I also run the MySpace's Hottest hachi's page, well I was on there the other night when someone had posted that Megan Racing had just released an new coilover setup for the 86, honestly i diddent give it too much thought but I looked at it anyway. It actually caught my attention so I gave Megan Racing a call today to find out more, here is what i found out

Pros:

First off the pricing is great!! an average of $900 shipped to your door!

The spring rate is selectable it comes with 8k and 6k setup in the future you will be able to buy different spring rates as an accessory however currently the Eibach coilover springs will fit as well if you need a different spring rate. (or any spring with a 2.5"in ID)

The kit comes with camber plates.

The struts are rated up to a 10k spring.

They come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty against defects.

Everything in the kit is also sold separately so if you ever needed to replace a part you would be able to without a problem.

Now for the cons:

The install is less than bolt on you have to cut 40mm off your factory strut casing and weld a "collar" to fit the new setup onto it so yes you still have to use the factory spindle.

Other than that I havent been able to find any more "cons" to this setup other than not having to able to see it in person or knowing of anyone that has used their products before in the past.

The price is great, the warranty isnt bad either, and the setup actually looks good from what I've seen in pictures, I just hope that it turns out to be as good as it seems.

any questions? send them my way and I'll do the best I can to gather more info for you!

Thanks!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Meagn Racing Coilovers]
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Thanks for the info!! Thumbs up!
Is the rear height adjustable "spacer" sold separetly as well?

86ers.org
AE86 x GXE10
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Looks like a nice setup!!! Good price too! Hope we can get someone to give us more info on how it actually behaves on a hachi Smile

Then a little offtopic :
I love your avatar, pm me more Big Grin

*but now with admin hat on*, Avatar is stretching the rules a little, so I'd appreciate a somewhat more normal one Smile It definately is to big for starters Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
I like this setup!! 2 big bumpstops with a little cloth stretched on it!! Evil

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Mux213 Wrote:*but now with admin hat on*, Avatar is stretching the rules a little, so I'd appreciate a somewhat more normal one Smile It definately is to big for starters Smile
Removed it... Tongue
Too big? I think something else was too big in that image Big Grin Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
oops sorry guys! I'll try a different one then! I'll keep you posted on how its behaves on a hachi if megan racing sends me out one!
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
The damper are adjustables ?
My D2 were cheaper (now they are not), fully adjustable, full bolt on and came with an adjustable panhard rod...
But I love the adjustable rear springs like the Greddy's ones.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
eg6maxx Wrote:The damper are adjustables ?
My D2 were cheaper (now they are not), fully adjustable, full bolt on and came with an adjustable panhard rod...
But I love the adjustable rear springs like the Greddy's ones.

the dampers are adjustable according to MR you have 32 levels of dampening force.
04-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
Spitfire Wrote:Thanks for the info!! Thumbs up!
Is the rear height adjustable "spacer" sold separetly as well?

From what I was told it sounds like all of it is available for sale separately.
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Meagn Racing Coilovers
I am curious about price for rear parts Smile Could you tell me how much shipped to Holland?

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver